“Absolutely incredible”

Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,897 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Maple
Description: Our Dallas seafood, steak and crab house restaurant offers the freshest Florida stone crab, fine wines, full bar and tender steaks. Enjoy fine dining with our weekly updated seafood and steak menu.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went for a special date. Cocktail hour prices & menu are outstanding. For dinner we shared the shrimp cocktail, my partner had the redfish ponchartrain & I had the filet dynamite (it was a house special). Wow is all I can say. The food Bursted w/ rich flavor. Lemon Meringue pie for dessert was excellent. Highly recommend & we will be back. We received a call the next day asking about our visit - now that is incredible service.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The restaurant is quite old-school, with traditional menu "meat (fish) and potatoes" items. They seem to be very impressed with their average selections presented in an average way, with not a great deal of flavor. I was unimpressed all-around!

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect place for a special dinner. Be sure to make a reservation. I got the lobster tails with asparagus and crab rice. It was a large meal and the best lobster I've ever had. My husband got the ny strip and said it was great. I also had champagne and he had a merlot and we were both very happy with them. Lastly, we got the chocolate cake dessert. Incredible. We even got a call th next day to ask about our visit. Nice touch. We can't wait for an excuse to go back.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great crab and seafood selection. Service was wonderful and although I did not try it, my friends tell me it was some of the best chocolate cake they have ever eaten.
Our server was great, accommodating my Celiac disease and making sure of what I could and could not have.
My only complaint on this one was it was very noisy and crowded. Definitely not a romantic spot! Would recommend.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Truluck's Dallas restaurant is in the fashionable area of Dallas near the Rosewood Crescent Hotel and Morton's restaurant. It's a very popular, busy spot, built to look like an old diner restaurant. There is comfortable outside seating, and the interior is smart, and dark, with a fine bar. The menu has a good variety of fish and crustaceans, famous for their crab and crab legs, and excellent steaks. I have eaten here many times, and usually go anytime I'm in Dallas. It has a romantic atmosphere at night, and I would recommend it for a rendezvous. The staff is chatty and friendly, but not too much so, and the cocktails were great too. If you're new to Dallas, get out of downtown and head up to McKinney Ave for a great meal and evening at Truluck's. Not open late, but open 7 days a week for lunch, cocktails, and dinner. A meal for 2 of 2 courses and 2 glasses of wine will cost about $160.00 pre-tipping. Ask for Mary, the waitress. She'll keep you happy!