“Not worth the trip!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Lavendou

Lavendou
Reserve with OpenTable
Lavendou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Frankfort
Description: Lavendou, a retreat into the French countryside - a place where life is savored as much as the food. Lavendou is thoroughly French, from the inviting decor to the gracious service and authentic cuisine. But don't expect it to be pretentious. Owner Pascal Cayet is dedicated to providing service that is friendly and efficient. And you will find Chef Francois Soyez's menu to be deliciously approachable. Serving the lighter fare of Southern France, Lavendou offers many items to tempt your taste buds.
dallas
“Not worth the trip!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've been here at least 7 times at different times of the day for different package/special/afternoon tea occasions. Food is okay, but the entree prices, service and lofty attitude is NOT WORTH THE TRIP. PLEASE STAY AWAY. Service got worse and worse. I wanted to really give my business and support to this local establishment. They seemed to be struggling. Enough is enough. They screwed up a couple times on reservations. They had to turn me away because they didn't have my specific reservation prepared for my special occasion. I walked away embarrassed with my party. Ruined the birthday!
Their service and effort is apathetic. Go to Trulucks for dinner and Adolphus Hotel for afternoon tea.

• Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Great Duck, hurried service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have eaten here about five times and this was my last time. I always go for the rotisserie duck but have decided it is not worth the hurried, non relaxed service and atmosphere. I think for the prices, one should be able, in fact encouraged to relax and have a nice long meal like they do in France, for example. Instead, they hurry you. My husband was paying with cash (several hundred dollars by the way) and the waiter practically grabbed the cash from his hand.
I'll spend my time and my dollars and Cadot.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank jenniferteddlieyoung
Dallas, Texas
“Our Go To Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

On Tuesday they have live music. Have gone several times. All the food is great, of course its French. I like light food so usually get appetizers, mushroom appetizer is great, my wife loves the mussels in wine sauce and cheese board. They have a olive oil paste that you did bread into and its great, I can just sit and drink wine and dip all night.
Music guy is good but he plays the same songs every night. Nice small bar which is good to talk to strangers.
Wine is reasonable and they do a superior job on service.
Location is in a small center way north Dallas, almost in Plano.

Visited October 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Charming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions when visiting my aunt in Plano, TX. It has always been absolutely delicious. This time, I had the chicken and ratatoullie crepes and part of my aunt's cranberry tart...marvelous! I am going to ask for the tart recipe; it was yummy!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Teressaks
McKinney, Texas
“Good place to sample French food, European service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

But don't book for a romantic, intimate evening as the place really gets noisy.
We visited on a Saturday evening recently. We must've driven past hundreds of times over the years but never noticed it in spite of the large sign - it is back off the street in a retail strip that you would not think would hold a French restaraunt.
We ordered the Fois gras appetizer thinking it was the liver but it was the pate' served with toasted bread wedges. Good & smooth but just good & smooth, didn't melt in mouth & leave that distinctive liver aftertaste unique to excelent pate's. My wife ordered the escargot, again good but not in shells, baked in the plate which is not the same in our opinion.
My trout almandine was a little on the dry side and slightly overdone - I would've preferred the meat to be on the pinkish side with a little more of that butter taste when prepared correctly. The veal scallopinne was served swimming in a mushroom sauce which overwhelmed the veal.
On the very bright side were the Souffle's, very light & flavorful.
Wine list is good and a little pricey for the selections but there were some good values.
Service was very well done, well paced and server was knowledgeable & friendly.
We will visit again to see how things progress as the north suburbs really need a 1st class french food experience.

• Visited October 2012