“Surprisingly Disappointing”

Chow Thai
Ranked #2,217 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Chow Thai appears to be an inviting place, if you can find it tucked away at the back of the shopping center. The interior was lovely and quiet. The menu was inviting, varied, and reasonably priced. Although it was Saturday night, we were surprised to find very few other diners, even though the restaurant had been highly recommended.

The dissappointment began with the service. It took us a while to get the waiter to take our orders. Drinks were prompt (full bar), but the appetizers were slow and the main courses took a long time to reach the table, with unacceptable time lapse between serving members of our party.

Presentation of the dishes was excellent, and overall flavor and temperature
was very good, but we had to hunt in several of the dishes for the main ingredient (meat, fish, poultry, seafood). For example, where we expected to find at least four ounces of meat, we could only find less than an ounce of shreds by sifting through the vegetable mass with a fork. The most frustrating part was that those shreds were delicious, just not enough of them.

All of our party expressed disappointment with their meal, which is unheard of for this group. We can only hope that this wa an off-night.

In brief - Lot's of potential, but I doubt that we would return.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've been to a couple of Thai restaurants in Addison/dallas area...this is definitely one of the best. The food was great (we got a crab/avocado spring roll and pad thai - with enough for leftovers). The serve was very attentive and helpful. Will definitely be going back to this place with friends.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I have tried Pad Thai at every Thai restaurant that I have been to.....and Chow Thai is one of the best Pad Thai I have ever eaten! Also great atmosphere, love the music, and very friendly service! It's worth the trip everytime.

Reviewed November 28, 2008

Four of us went out for thai food in October 2008 for dinner. There was no wait to get a table and there was only one other group at the restaurant. The service was good and the server was attentive. One person in my party was not familiar with thai cuisine and the server was very helpful in making a suggestion. I ordered one of my favorite thai dishes, pad thai with vegetables and tofu. I spent just under $20 (including tip). I'm used to spending approximately $8 on pad thai in Lubbock, Texas, but I've quickly learned that most of the restaurants in Dallas and Addison are more pricey. Overall I enjoyed the entree, service, and atmosphere.

Reviewed January 2, 2008

Ths food is reasonable, but not worth the price or the terrible service. Last time I went, the waiter screwed up my order TWICE, offered no apology, and then added an 18% gratuity to my bill! I will not go back!