“Its a good thing this place is moving”
Review of Mecca Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 4, 2012

cuz maybe the new place will be clean. I heard the Harry Hines location was closing down, so I had to make it there one last time before they moved to Lakewood. This has always been one of my favorite breakfast places with the BEST MIGAS in all of Dallas. I stopped going a few months back as the cleanliness of the place, the consitency of the food and the service all started to drop. I believe the place changed owners a couple of times and some of the forever waitresses left.

My first time back in a while and I must say the migas were better than ever. Our order was messed up, quickly replaced, but still wrong so we just ate it. This has always been a challenge for them. But man-o-man was this place filthy. It's like they stopped cleaning. I noticed caked on food against the walls under the booths. Heavy dust around the pictures, fans, corners. Worst of all, the busboy dropped his cleaning towel on the floor twice and used it AS IS both times. Really????? This is restaurant training 101.

I'll miss you guys, but I hope you can up the quality of everything you offer. The lakewood crowd won't tolerate 1/4 of this stuff. Best of luck and maybe I'll drive out there with a craving for migas.

I give it a YUM YUM YUM YUM out of 5 YUMS for the food;
YUM out of 5 YUMS for service and cleanliness.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went July 4th for lunch. I had biscuits and gravy which were very bland. My spouse had the miggas which was great. We ordered the cinnamon roll to take home. It was great.
THe portions are very generous. On another visit I had the chicken and dumplings which was wonderful.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Mecca is one of those places that you might pass without noticing, but you'd miss out if you did.
It's an old diner that's been in business for 75 or so years, and they are proud of that history. The main room has ~20 booths and tables, with a small counter, too. The servers bustle, chat with customers and are stereotypically American diner.
Food portions are large, preparation is generally quick and the cinnamon rolls are not to be missed!
Prices are average, and coffee refills are plenty. We drive 70 miles, round trip, to eat there.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Staff is friendly and wonderful. Very good food. Great place to go with family for Sunday Brunch.

1  Thank TravelSamDallas
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This place isn't fancy - just good food and friendly staff.

1  Thank texquill