“Love it!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is my second time here. The first time I regretted not ordering a cajun menu item, so this time I wasn't going to miss out. We started with some gravy fries and bloody mary's. Not healthy, but so so good! We then ordered a pitcher of sangria which was wonderful and shared the Pasta Monica with crawfish. Great flavor! The patio is nice. It was pretty hot, but there are misters outside to keep you cool. My only regret was not seeing the upstairs deck, which I heard is amazing.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had 15 people after Mass. They only had 2 wait staff on duty while we were there but you never knew that. Our waitress was WONDERFUL. I didn't get her name but she was a tall slim blond who knew what she was doing! We had no wait and the food was hot and soooo good. I am from Louisiana, we got the Dodie's platter with the shrimp and crab legs. They had the perfect seasoning! When we are back in Allen Texas we will be eating here again!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We've been coming to Dodie's for years. It's right down the street in our wonderfully fun, hip, eclectic Lower Greenville neighborhood. It is not only the best Cajun restaurant, it's the best seafood. We've tried them all - and always come back here.

We have never had problems with the wait staff. They are friendly and accommodating. I love coming here and getting a Shiner Bock draught beer in one of their amazing frozen schooners. Pure heaven!

I don't like really spicy things, and there is still plenty for me to get here. I love their house salad with a parmesan vinaigrette. I always get a cup of their gumbo. They have two kinds and I always get the chicken/andoullie version. They have excellent jambalaya, po boys, etc. They will make your fish any way you like it (grilled clean, blackened, fried, etc.) Their fried catfish is light and crispy and not greasy. Their fries are VERY good, and their onion rings are the BEST I've ever tasted!

We've come here probably 100 times over the years and have never had a bad meal. We now have 3 small children and bring them. The staff is very friendly and it is a fun time for everyone. Very dependable! They have just opened a newer location about a mile up the street that is more of a bar scene, this is the original Lower Greenville location and is our favorite. I can't say enough about this place! We love it!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

At here before a concert at the Allen Event Center. There was no crowd & we waited forever to be waited on. Once we ordered, it didn't take all that long to get the food. Part of my food was HOT & delishious. The other part was cold (temp wise) & so spicey hot that I sent it back & had it removed from the bill. Which they did without any question. I am on a Gluten Free diet & the options were very limited. So...my lunch consisted of steamed brocolli. But it was good. Would I go back? No.

Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Been coming here on and off for almost 20 yrs. Been to the Lake Ray Hubbard and Frisco locations, too. Something's happened with the management and service and it's not good!. Our visit tonight to Greenville Ave. was BAD! Food was ok :-/ service was slow. The management flat sucked. The Frisco location was out of oysters when we went. Really?! Who's at the helm of this thing, anymore?!...