“Used to love this place...now, we skip it!”
Review of Herrera's Cafe

Herrera's Cafe
Ranked #1,232 of 3,714 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Location on Maple moved. Now is a hard to find location near Elliotts Hardware. Not what it used to be. New place is like a bowling alley - tables too far apart and dimly lit, ZERO ambiance. At lunch, clearly a blue collar crowd now with very cheap prices and quality wasn't there.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

This is good, but the best Herrera's by far is in Oak Cliff. For some reason, the food is better. Go to that location for the best tex mex in Dallas! And as a bonus, it's BYOB!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have driven by Herrara's many times, and decided tonight to go in and get a dinner to go. First of all, I felt very unwelcome at the bar. Friends of the bartender and owners had most of the bar staked out, and I was obviously a bother to them. I ordered a Margarita while I waited for my to-go dinner, and it was typical. Loads of sweet and sour mix, and a little bit of tequila. My food arrived quickly, and the waitress was nice. When I got home, I was very disappointed with the food. Substandard Tex-Mex fare, certainly nothing worth a repeat.

I'm moving back to Fort Worth in a couple of months, and I can't wait. The Mexican food in Dallas is far inferior to that in Fort Worth. As is the Mid-East food, the Italian, etc. People in Dallas seem to be unaware of how really awful the food is here. Drive 30 miles, and you'll realize what you're been missing.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

We have been going to this location off and on for over 30 years.
The food is still the same consistant Tex-Mex as always. the complimentary bean soup is a nice touch. Ask for Caesar if you go, he is a great waiter and has been there as long as we've been eating there.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

If you like your salsa hot and your margaritas cold, this is the place! Best chips and salsa in town. My fave is the chalupas, but cheese enchiladas a close second.