“a little disappointed”
Review of Local Restaurant

Local Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #508 of 3,714 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Cross street: Hall Street
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went for a parents date night out and were disappointed in the food and beverages based on our expectations. The cocktails we ordered (bloody mary and michelada) are normally served in larger glasses, but ours were in little 6 ounce glasses full of ice so they were literally done in 5 sips. The michelada actually came with a half bottle of beer on the side because that is all they used in making the original beverage. For $12 a drink I thought that was a little ridiculous. The soup of the day was excellent (turnip) as well as the beet salad. However, I could not even tell that the lobster cake was made with lobster. It was tasteless. We did enjoy the blue cheese waldorf salad and thought the spice cake for dessert was decent. The osso buco was average, not bad but not exceptional either. I agree with previous reviewers that the food is not worth the price unless the flavors improve. The atmosphere was nice- intimate and not noisy.

1  Thank KristDF

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Went to Local on a fluke and it was quite a find. Food, atmosphere , service was top notch. We had the the 7 course wine pairing dish for 100 and felt it was a bargain. One of the best in Dallas and a foodie favorite

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The foodwas small portioned and $$$$ . However the quality of the food was excellent. i recommend the Sea Bass or the Salmon. Melts in your mouth. More garnish would have made it better as the Rizotto was excellent. Carefule trying to find the place as the streets are under construction and the sign is miniscule. Would definitely return.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I tried out Local based on local reviews as one of the best places in town. It did not disappoint - lots of fresh ingredients, creative combinations, and I left feeling full but not drowned in oils or such. The summer salad and cheese plate were delicious, along with the strawberry shortcake for dessert (perfectly sized). Great service as well.

Its in a funky little building that apparently used to be a hotel where Bonnie and Clyde stayed at ...

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had dinner as a guest of others in May. As I was a guest, I did not share my view of the meal with my gracious hosts, nor did they share theirs. This review is the opinion of one.

I began with a prosecco mojito, which was OK. The table also ordered tater tots and the fried green beans. The later were very good and addictive.

I had the house burger, which was among the worst I’ve had anywhere. It tasted like something my grandmother might have fried in a cast iron frying pan. It was tasteless, without seasoning, thin, overcooked, and served with some equally tasteless toppings that overwhelmed the patty and not in a good way. I abandoned this messy excuse for good dining after only a few bites.

For dessert, I had the house sorbets. I was desperate to wash the taste of the burger out of my mouth. My choices were all flavourful, but the textures were not consistent. Some were smooth and others contained ice crystals.

Service was too casual, bordering on flippant.

1  Thank Fearful