“Hidden Gem”
Review of Local Restaurant

Local Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #628 of 3,599 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Cross street: Hall Street
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've been eating at Local for 10 years. It is one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas- dependably good food in an intriguing atmosphere without the usual Dallas pretentiousness. I've eaten there solo, on dates and with other couples. Try the fired green bean appetizer.
Beware: if it's your first visit, it is difficult to find.
My only complaint- bring back the tempura lettuce salad.

• Visited January 2013

Dallas, TX
“Nice place, sadly hidden”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is in Deep Ellum, more known for burgers and bikers than fine dining. But this little gem is with the trip.
We started with a trio of appetizers - we shared their cheese plate, I had the lobster cake, my husband the steak & eggs. For main course,I hit the salmon which was nice and light. My desert was their mini souffle - more like a lava cake, but still incredibly rich, especialky paired with the little shot of ovaltine spiked chocolate shake. Service was great, helpful with recommendations, and the meal progressed at pace that allowed for digestion and conversation

• Visited May 2013
“Awesome In Every Way”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Local is definitely a Dallas Top Five restaurant for us. By chance, we've been twice in the past two weeks and love it each time for new reasons.

The restaurant is the perfect size, with lots of seating areas that are intimate, yet offer a shared experience. We had an terrific time joking with the only other couple in our area (there are only 2 tables in that room).

The staff is well-trained, particularly one waiter whose name escapes me. . .tall, thin and reminds me of Phil Dunphy of "Modern Family." Makes you feel like his whole night revolves around you.

And I'm saving the best to last -- Tracy Miller's incredible food! I'm working my way through the menu and have loved absolutely everything! What a great & talented chef.

• Visited April 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Hidden treasure!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

For my Bon Voyage dinner in Dallas, I chose one of my favourite restaurants, that happen to be a hidden gem right around the corner from our apartment. It’s the brainchild of Chef Tracy Miller and it’s called Local, this used to be a hotel back in the day and has been transformed into a modern fine dining restaurant.

We often pop in there for dessert after dinner and they have a beautiful, sexy bar where we also did my Bon Voyage drinks. Their food is top notch, the complimentary warm spiced nuts and amuse at the start of your meal is a real delight and whatever starter you order will be amazing – I recommend their famous fried green beans! For mains we all ate a variety of meats and fish and they were very tasty, we skipped dessert this time, but please try their chocolate composed! They are only open for dinner, so if you feel like breakfast or lunch, check out her other restaurant, Rosemont.

After dinner we moved to the bar where they serve only wine, beer and champagne – have the champagne cocktail, heavenly!

• Visited November 2012
“Excellent downtown option”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife, especially, raved about how much she enjoyed her dinner the next day. We had tickets to a concert in the Arts District, which was a quick 5 minute drive down the road and so very convenient. The menu had a lot of enticing options and so making a decision was extremely difficult. The food we had was excellent. Service was pleasant. The ambiance and decor of the restaurant was great.