“The Owner told me that "if I came here for the wine,I came for the wrong reason"”
Review of Local Restaurant

Local Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #576 of 3,626 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Cross street: Hall Street
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2012

When the Owner of the restaurant tells you that in a place that charges $40.00 for an entree you really should leave. But it was my friends birthday and she was a friend of the Owner so I didnt want to make a scene.

In fairness, I have eaten here several times and never had a bad meal until tonight and they always had good wines in the past.

Their signature dish,the fried green beans tasted like they were fried in plaster of Paris,the Steak was overdone and not being able to get a better bottle of wine than Liberty School ,which you can buy at the grocery store for $10 just doesnt work.

When you add the attitude of the owner to the women next to us that breast fed her baby without covering herself throughout our meal, we couldnt get out fast enough.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank TravelLikeaStar

Dallas, Texas
“Great food, romantic setting.”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Great lil place outside of the big crowd to have a nice dinner.

Visited May 2012
Dallas, TX
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

One of the best dinners iI have had in a long time

Dallas
“Our favorite restaurant hands down!”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We love this off the beaten path restaurant that took up residence in the old Boyd Hotel where Bonnie & Clide once stayed. You walk in and are instantly transported to a boutique restaurant in SoHo. Everything from the decor, ambiance and impeccable service is absolutely top notch. The signature drinks and delectible food will keep you coming back for more. It's a wonderful place to take out of town guests as it's truly different from the standard large brand name Dallas restaurants. It's a place the focuses on the customer and the food first! As it should be!
Be sure to leave room for their homemade ice creams, sorbets and donut holes for dessert! Yum!

• Visited October 2011
Forest Lake, MN
“My favorite restaurant in TX...possibly in the US.”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

If I had the money, I would fly from MN to TX for dinner here once a month. It's that simple. The food, the atmosphere, the service...everything is impeccable and I recommend it to everyone I know that's visiting Dallas.

• Visited August 2010