“Very good and fresh!”

Ranked #721 of 3,655 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I drove by this place many times and finally stopped. Cute décor but the most important part is the food of course. You order your burger, which I ordered a cheese burger and my bf a turkey burger with tater tots. They have a fresh bar with lettuce tomatoes mayo mustard etc. all the toppings you need for your burger and everything was clean and fresh and tasty. I had a very good experience and would go back! my only complaint is the piece of cheese on my burger was too small, did not even cover the meat.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

JG's is our favorite burger place - ever. We drive an hour to get there. We like to order the bacon double cheeseburger. The meat is delicious, the bacon is crispy. It is so big that we split and share one. We also LOVE the cheese sticks. And the ranch dipping sauce is unique and tasty. The decor is entertaining. There is always something different to see. Can't wait to go back!!!

1  Thank wkndroadtrip
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had not been to Dallas in awhile, but some friends told us to go to JG's since we prefer the independent restaurants over the chains. It's such a unique place filled with lots of antique memorabilia on the walls and through out the restaurant. I ordered the Chicken Caesar which consisted of a carmelized chicken breast atop fresh romaine with homemade Caesar dressing. My husband had to order the hamburger which was cooked to perfection along with some french fries. Even though I was having my healthy salad, I had to try the onion rings and sweet potato fries that were crispy and delicious. The condiment bar was filled with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, onions and jalapenos. We noticed that several eateries have closed since the last time we were in Dallas, but were happy to see a family owned restaurant still thriving after 29 years in business. If you're planning to go for lunch be there early to avoid the lines. At dinner they have the same menu which does include other menu items such as chicken sandwich, turkey burger and veggie burger. It's no wonder that they were voted "The Best Hamburger Place in Dallas". We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Been twice, both times the burger was dry from being over cooked. I don't plan on going back. I have to write more to publish. But really, it's quite simple. No reason to go back.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Great burger. Atmosphere awesome. Service was quick. You know it's good when grease drips off your chin