“Our waitress was the best!”

YO Ranch Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
YO Ranch Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Market Street
Transit: DART Rail (West End station)
Description: Savor the finest cuts of steaks, chops and fresh fish cooked to perfection in a relaxed, elegant atmosphere at the chef-owned Y.O. Steakhouse and discover for yourself why Jim O’Connor of the Food Network declared the Y.O. Steakhouse as, “one of the nation’s finest steakhouses.” The beef at the Y.O. is U.S.D.A. Prime and is hand-cut in house. In preparing our steaks and other meats we employ a method very similar to the one the ranch hands have been using for more than 125 years. Seasoned with our own brand of herbs and spices, our meats are charred on a flat top griddle and then finished by being seared with our secret finishing sauce. This process traps in all the juices, resulting in a succulent, tender steak.In addition, we are legendary for the extensive wild game selection on our menu, and many of those same animals roam freely over our 48,000 acre ranch. For those in the mood to try something out of the ordinary, the Y.O. Steakhouse offers several types of venison, game birds and our signature dish, the buffalo filet mignon.An excellent selection of seafood rounds out the menu. Nightly specials at the Y.O. Steakhouse include lobster, shrimp, salmon, sea bass, tilapia and other fresh fish. Texans are known far and wide for their hospitality and at the Y.O. Steakhouse you will receive the same sincere reception that has made the Y.O. Ranch legendary. The Y.O. servers are knowledgeable, friendly and strive to ensure your dining experience is a memorable, delightful experience. Whether dining or simply relaxing over a cocktail with friends, the Y.O. Steakhouse offers a warm, inviting atmosphere. With its 100-year old brick arches, iron accents and candlelit tables, the main dining room delivers an authentic steakhouse dining experience that is relaxing with a touch of elegance.The Y.O. bar is the perfect spot for enjoying a drink before or after dinner or grabbing a quick bite. The rich, deep wood and historic black and white photos create a comfortable ambiance to enjoy the fully-stocked bar and extensive wine list, including one of the largest half-bottle selections in Texas. Dining on our beautiful patio under Texas Live Oaks and amidst overflowing flower baskets is an excellent option for a casual lunch or dinner while taking in the energetic atmosphere of Market street .The Y.O Steakhouse private dining, bar and banquet facilities, can accommodate parties from 20-300 for business or pleasure, day or night.
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

While visiting family in the Dallas area, we stopped here for lunch on a Saturday. The hostess accomated our group of 8 with no problem. We are from the Boston area and absolutely loved our waitress who was just so sweet and had that real southern charm. Her boyfriend is from the Boston area and she couldn't have been any nicer. She recommended the venison appetizer which was amazing. My strawberry magirita was to die for ... As we're the bison burgers (also recommended by our waitress). Everyone was so impressed by the food and we left there full and happy. I wish I could remember our waitresses name because she deserves accolades for her hospitality! She even called my boyfriend "sugah" .. That totally completed our Texas vacation!

1  Thank MandEfavoritespots

Reviewed May 30, 2013

After a long hot day at Fair Park, my wife and I get off the DART train at the West End station in search of subsistence from a restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere, great food, and good service and we found it at the Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse. My wife just loved the Chicken Calvados Pistachio crusted chicken breast with Granny Smith apples, whole grain mustard, and
apple brandy cream. I was not in the mood for exotic meats, so I ordered the 6oz Petite Filet Mignon. (Oh so tasty and tender). All items are al a carte, so I ordered a baked potato and we both had the Iceberg Salad. My wife had Ranch Dressing while I had the garlic cilantro vinaigrette dressing (which I highly recommend, yummy!). My wife did not enjoy the Tobasco Goat Cheese & Creamy Grits side dish she ordered. She said it lacked flavor. I guess that dish is a acquired taste. This restaurant is moderate to high priced for some but backs it up with excellent food and top flight service. We highly enjoyed our meals and the next time we are in Dallas the Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse will be taking our reservations for sure.

2  Thank BENelson
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Short review: My wife and I flew into Dallas for the first time. We walked around downtown, and would up at YO Steakhouse for dinner upon recommendation of a family member who once visited. We knew to expect it to be pricey, but we were hoping the food would be worth it.

It was! I had their "famous" Buffalo Tenderloin and a side of Gouda Mac & Cheese and my DW had the Cowboy Ribeye (bone in, 20oz.) and the Tabasco Blue Cheese Grits. Both steaks were about the best pieces of meat we've ever had. Truly an experience. But the sides were an unexpected delicacy!

All we can say is we've never had anything like these grits, and we've eaten a lot of cheese grits before. The tang of the blue cheese, and the kick of tabasco took them into a completely different league.

And having been to Paula Deen's Lady & Son's restaurant in Savannah, GA, IMHO - the Gouda Mac & Cheese at YO was the best I've ever tasted. Our waiter correctly stated, "It deserves it's own food group."

We were very satisfied. Check was $111.50. Definitely a splurge for us, but a meal we won't soon forget.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't believe it when I saw chicken-fried lobster on the menu. It was good, but the real hit of the meal was the buffalo filet.

1  Thank Robin S
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was a great experience for my sister and me. I highly recommend the tobasco, goat cheese grits. Incredible and wish I took some to go. I had the mixed grill which changes and this night it consisted of buffalo, venison and duck. All three were cooked to perfection. My sister had the elk and that was amazing as well. For dessert we had the pecan pie which my sister said it was the best one she's ever had and she's lived in the south for more than 10 years. We both had red wine and it was one of the best I've ever had. Relaxed atmosphere.

2  Thank lolo c

Been to YO Ranch Steakhouse? Share your experiences!