“Good bar food”

Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: East Dallas
“Good bar food”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

On a Saturday evening bike ride with friends we headed to Deep Ellum in Dallas to try the Angry Dog. It appears to be a popular place because there was quite a crowd. Food was good, atmosphere definitely bar, & service wasn't bad. All in all a good place to go.

Temple, Texas
“Good food and service”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went to Angry Dog with a group of family members, and sat in the little bricked-off (?) section at the back. Between the four of us at our table, we had bacon cheese fries, a burger, a grilled cheese sandwich, and a club sandwich. Everything was pretty good, but unfortunately I wasn't that hungry because I'd just had breakfast a little bit before. Bummer!
Our waitstaff was friendly and took good care of us, and the food came out pretty quickly after we ordered.
I would've liked to try some other menu items and some beer, but today just wasn't able to. I would like to see more healthy menu items (although I know that's not why people eat here!) for the few picky ones.
The worst part was having to pay for parking - at the meters, on the weekend! - and having a homeless guy ask if he could wash our windshield even though it was raining.

• Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best burgers in Dallas”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Living in Deep Ellum, I fell in love with Angry Dog burgers to the point that I'll now go out of my way to get there and enjoy one. The burgers are fairly basic, but well prepared so that they are flavorful without being overly greasy. It doesn't hurt that the fries and (namesake) hot dogs are good too. The tuna burger, not so much. It came out as a 1" thick dry chunk of tuna, lacking much flavor other than the bread and accoutrements. Warning: the atmosphere can get pretty rowdy and loud, so it may not be for everyone.

Visited August 2012
richardson, tx
“Bad service and Bugs all around”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We loved Angry Dog on our first visit. However, the last time we went (which will likely be the last time ever), our service was horrible and there were flys everywhere. It was disgusting.

Visited August 2011
Dallas, TX
“Pretty Good Burgers”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went here last Sat night with some friends in the early evening. The burgers were good! They come with a large serving of fries that I thought were excellent as well. We had great service, as not only did we have our waiter servicing us, there seemed to be someone who could have been a manager named Vincent (I think, he had a mohawk) who made sure we were being taken care of and he was on top of everything.
We will go back again when we are back down in the area.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Angry Dog? Share your experiences!