“Great margaritas and people watching”
Review of Primo's Bar & Grille - CLOSED

Primo's Bar & Grille
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Hall St
Transit: We are on the Uptown Trolley line, and we are a short cab ride to everything.
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The food is a step up from bar food but the lively setting is the reason for the visit... and a cold meltdown. Yum.

Bummer can be the parking.... bring cash for the valet.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

This place has gone so far downhill in the last 2? years.
The bar really sucks, I remember when it was hopping at happy hour, then they started replacing staff. Kathy who was the day bartender alone made it worth going to. What happened to the great service and the crowd? I guess the owner just doesn't care anymore.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Food is very good, location is good, atmosphere is so -so.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Tuesdays they have $2 margaritas, but wait to get there after 5pm when the closing bartender gets there. He's much more generous. They are smaller cups then usual on Tuesdays. Get Primo's steak nachos, enough for two people and the best in the area. Huge patio with fans and misters and several flat screen TVs. I've seen Big Al from the local 106.1 kiss station hang out here. Friday's are $3 margaritas, but haven't been on a Friday. We always get great service. Very young crowd. They try to be a sports bar, but besides all the TVs it's really not. Unless there's playoffs.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

My brother and I stopped in for a late lunch and were pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. First off, we had a good waiter. He made recommendations and answered all of our questions about the food. My brother ordered Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and I ordered the Baja Pollo. The food arrived fairly fast and was very tasty. The presentation was good and we loved the food. Good location and nice decor. We will keep this on our list of places to revisit.