“It was okay but there's way better in town!”

Banana Leaf Thai Cuisine
Ranked #400 of 3,600 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“It was okay but there's way better in town!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our food was average. They basically only have one or two wines to choose from. I felt the next day that my food had msg in it but I could be completely wrong. We won't be back only because there are way better places.

Visited August 2012

Humble
“Good food/good value”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Based on reviews we'd seen, we stopped there after a round of golf, but didn't know if we'd be accepted (I was in golf shorts). We were welcomed and seated promptly (it was early on a Saturday evening). Our orders were correct and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her red curry chicken. I had the spicey basil chicken, and it was excellent, and way more than I could eat. My wife had not had Thai cuisine before, and is now a convert. Would definitely go back. Wish they were in Houston.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank 1RB
“ALWAYS WONDERFUL FOOD!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I love going ot this wonderful restaurant! The food is so fresh and bright! I have NEVER had a bad or even so so meal at The Banana Leaf! Even our children ages 9-15 enjoy the food!! Steve is the owner and he is so accomidating and remembers return customers giving it even a personal touch experience. The peach tea is amazing and my favorite meal is the Basil Chicken - my husband's favorite is the Beef Pad Pling King. Get the appetizer sampler to try the different options and sauces for dipping. Wonderful lettuce wraps - that is what our girls like to order for their meal. Also they can make your meal to order as far as how spicy you might want your meal. Everything is made fresh - not sitting under heat lights. All in all this is one of our favoite places to eat!! On a side note - they have great lunch specials that include the soup of the day and a really good salad with a peanut sauce included with your meal.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank tjming
Ennis, Texas
“Great Thai”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I've eaten here several times, following a Groupon purchase. Everything we have tried was wonderful. I particularly like glass noodles, so I order the Pad Woonsen with chicken.

Austin, Texas
“Good Thai, great portions/service”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Finding decent restaurants in Plano has been a chore!

This place exceeded our expectations for food and service. I will say that, somehow, though we were one of only three tables, we were somehow surrounded by screaming kids. One of them landed in my booth. The portions were large and the food was good, and the staff was nice and attentive.

• Visited October 2011