“DoMa”

Order Online
Ranked #979 of 4,327 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Sahara is a family owned and operated restaurant since 2003. Bringing his authentic receipes from back home. This Persian cuisine will leave you craving for more. Dine in or take home a truly Persian-Mediterranean experience!
Reviewed May 24, 2018

Oh' what a nice surprise! I found this hidden gem, and I had to walk to get to it since I didn't have a car handy, but I would do it again! The cuisine in bursting with flavor. I found it very authentic and special. I also liked the pictures on the wall as if from a Persian fairy tail. Loved it! I am looking forward to visiting again in the near future, and if I happen to have a client who likes authentic cuisine and would like to try something new, I would definitely bring them here!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Given the strip mall setting, our expectations were low. Wow! We were happily surprised. The service is warm and friendly. And they really know how to do a bread basket — we were served a plate of Persian cheese with fresh herbs and pita. The dolmeh are served hot and tasted fresh — not at all rubbery as some are. Excellent kabobs. We tried two different chicken preparations, and both were delicious and perfectly cooked. The tender beef is as advertised. Sadly, the rice was dry and bland, but it was the least interesting thing on the table anyway. We’ll go back for the buffet (which may be at lunch only). And part of the restaurant is a market for a variety of foods.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 1, 2018

Good choice for vegan, vegetarian or other wise. Meat is very soft and tender, humus, cucumber salad and biriyani are delicious and fresh.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 2, 2017

Great choices of delicious middle eastern food and groceries. The basmati rice and kebabs are awesome along side some fresh grilled vegetables and salads. I recommend to anyone with a big appetite looking for some healthier choices to fill up on.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed July 1, 2017

A friend and I have been coming to Sahara for years. We love their lunch buffet. While billed as a Persian restaurant, they offer many traditional Mediterranean items on their menu in addition to the Persian offerings.

The all-you-can-eat buffet has a wide variety of Mediterranean/Middle Eastern salads like Tabouleh, Hummus, Baba Ganoush, Tzatziki, cucumber salad, etc. All are fresh and very good. The hot entrees include a wonderful, fluffy safron rice, lamb shank (depends on the day), grilled beef, grilled chicken and lamb. There are hot vegetarian dishes too. Everything is fresh and very good. A pot of soup is also available.

There is also a nice Middle Eastern market inside the restaurant where I always purchase my Tahini (sesame paste).

While not the best location in town, the strip center is easy to find at the northwest corner of Alpha and Montfort. This place is definitely worth a try!

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to Sahara Restaurant? Share your experiences!