“They Don't Spare the Ribs”

Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse
Ranked #193 of 3,714 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Northwest Dallas-love Field
Description: Since 1958, Sonny Bryan’s Smokehouse has served up melt-in-your-mouth barbecue and heaping helpings of hospitality. The Dallas-based family of restaurants has seven locations in the DFW Metroplex. Sonny Bryan’s has served U.S. Presidents, entertainers, sports legends and other famous patrons, in addition to loyal fans who can’t get enough of the company’s legendary barbecue. In addition to restaurants, Sonny Bryan’s also runs a full-service catering division for special events and corporate meetings. Sonny Bryan’s is committed to serving the community through donations of food and financial support to non-profit organizations.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

It's just the kind of place you expect for great Barbeque - informal doesn't quite capture it. But that's what you want when you're sitting down for great Barbeque. My wife had the pulled chicken which she loved, and I had the large spare rib plate. When they told me 8 ribs for the biggest size I was concerned since I usually have a full rack with many more ribs. But each of the 8 had more meat than any two ribs in most places. Meaty, juicy, perfectly smoked, great barbeques sauce that is put out in warmed bottles, it was unsurpassed in my book. And if the crude wooden tables and benches in the old place are not sufficiently comfortable, they've added an enclosed pavilion with full-sized table and chairs. But you don't go for the comfort - you go for great barbeque!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stumbled upon this little "dive" by accident, (don't let the exterior fool you) really good food awaits. Ordered the beef brisket, and it was good enough to eat dry.....as were the ribs ! Also ordered the HUGE onion rings. This will most certainly be a place we revisit when we're back in the Dallas area.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I came into Dallas for just two nights, but this place was recommended so I went out if my way to try it. I really liked the ribs. Good sauce. The pulled pork was good, and even better with the onions and pickles you get on the side. The atmosphere of the place really sets it apart.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent fast & friendly service, delicious BBQ, fun casual/dive atmosphere and at an affordable price - what more could you possibly want? I'm a traditionalist and had the delicious pulled pork, but I heard the brisket and turkey were even better.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I knew I would like this place as soon as I entered the building. The smoke aroma started my mouth watering. These are dry rub ribs that are just wonderful. I will return for the other menu items the next time I am in Dallas.