“Great Thai”

Neighborhood: East Dallas
Ruston, Louisiana
“Great Thai”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Grwat Thai food. The best two dishes in my opinion are Tom-Kha-Gai and the avocado curry. They were outstanding. I eat Thai everywhere I travel and this is a top three choice for me. Service is good not great but very helpful.

Austin, Texas
“Delecious with many flavors”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Whenever I visit Dallas I go to Bangkok city. This is one of few places that I love to go out and eat enthusiastically. You can taste various flavors in the food. The servers are friendly and proud of the food they serve. My favorite foods are: coconut soup, Avocado Thai curry and black rice pudding. We usually other couple of dishes and share. Great experience in dinning.

• Visited July 2012
Coppell, Tx
“Great Thai food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is authentic Thai food at reasonable prices. They have fantastic lunch deals and the service if great. Dine-in, pick it up or have it delivered. It is delicious.

• Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good thai for a good price”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Ive ate at Bangkok a few times. its a family favorite when it comes to dinning out. I have to say its the best thai food ive tried in Dallas.

Their Thai fried rice and their soups are so delicious.

1 Thank Eli_ruiz
Dallas, Texas
“So good we have it almost weekly”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I can't believe I haven't reviewed Bangkok City before today. Since I moved here last summer, minus a few months when we were out of town, we have ordered either delivery or dined in nearly every week. My husband and I gravitate to Thai food wherever we are, so I've experienced traditional and "Americanized" Thai dining. This restaurant offers some of the best of our favorite dishes I've had anywhere.

First off, we didn't actually dine at the restaurant until last month. Before that time, it was always delivery. The weekday delivery gentleman knows us on sight, and is always very friendly (as are others who have delivered). The taste and freshness of the delivered food is absolutely equivalent to that we've experienced the two times we've dined at the restaurant. When we call in our order (they do not start delivering dinner until after 5 pm), I never remember the name of the dish I like. But by giving them our phone number, they can tell us exactly what we ordered the time before, so I have no need for something as silly as a memory. Okay, maybe it's good for something. They have our card on file but verify it each time. I have complete trust in the safety of my information.

As for the food, everything we and our guests have ever tried was delicious. The Thai Spring Rolls are out of this world, and I'm picky about fresh spring rolls. They are always extremely fresh, and the veggies are always crisp. The peanut sauce that accompanies the rolls is highly addictive.

The Pad Graw Prow with beef (a basil beef dish) is a spicy delight. It is naturally spicy, and sometimes is almost too much for me (I love a spicy taste but don't like my mouth to burn halfway through the meal). I can order it mild and it's perfect. My husband likes it double spicy. The flavors of the beef, basil, sauce, and other ingredients are fresh and delicious. It comes with white rice, so you have a perfect counter to the spice if it is too much for you. I never finish my main dish, but it is always excellent reheated. My husband has also tried and enjoyed the Pad Thai Noodles, and likes that dish as well as any he's had before.

The two times we've dined at the restaurant, we've had good service. The atmosphere and decor are casual but not cheap. I would feel comfortable arriving in either summer shorts or a nice dress.

If you enjoy Thai and are near downtown Dallas, this is a must try!

Visited March 2012

Been to Bangkok City? Share your experiences!