“Great Thai food not too far from the Cotton Bowl”
Review of Bangkok City

Bangkok City
Ranked #394 of 3,882 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We were in town for the bowl game at the Cotton Bowl stadium and at lunchtime we were hungry for Thai food, so we found this little place about 3 miles from the stadium. It has the corner location in a larger building and parking is mostly on the streets nearby, which can be a bit challenging, but we able to find a spot on the same block.

Inside, the restaurant is quiet and clean with a diverse Thai menu. After a short wait, our orders were taken and after a relatively short wait, our food was served. I ordered the Yellow Curry ($11) and a glass of coke ($2). My wife ordered their Pad-See-Ew ($11). Both meals were absolutely delicious. The yellow curry was very flavorful without being overly spicy and the pad-see-ew was excellent.

They do an interesting thing with their menu in that all of the prices have tax included so if you are splitting the cost of meals, or paying with cash and don't like carrying coins, they make it easy.

The reason I give them 4 stars instead of 5 is that the service was a bit lacking. The food came out quickly, but it took a little while for our order to get taken and then the server never came to refill our glasses throughout the meal, despite a small number of patrons at the time (it had been full when we arrived, but cleared out quickly). However, the server did offer to bring a refill in a plastic cup to go, which was nice, but it I would have preferred it during the meal.

If in the area again, and hungry for Thai food, I wouldn't hesitate to return!

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I couldn't believe when I got there. I was expecting to see an average thai restaurant, but Bangkok City has become one of my favorite thai restaurants in the U.S! It has great food, great service, and is never packed. The food is great for any meal.

Reviewed July 9, 2008

nice corner joint in the city. Fresh red curry is worth getting

Reviewed July 8, 2008

An all-time favorite. You can't go wrong -- just point and order.

Reviewed May 12, 2008

Without question the best Thai in Dallas. Another neighborhood jewel.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Bangkok City? Share your experiences!