“The Generous Pour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,560 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: On Maple between Cedar Springs & McKinney
Description: Just blocks away from the Arts District, our executive chef at The Capital Grille is creating works of art himself– from prime aged beef The Dallas Observer has praised as “great,” to appetizers you'll call irresistible. Even our service has been described as “old-school professional and attentive”; by The Dallas Morning News. Complimentary valet parking ensures you’ll breeze right in to indulge in Dallas’s finest.
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Generous Pour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Every year this restaurant offers a wine event to compliment their excellent cuisine and it's an incredible value as well as being just plain fun! Look for it in the summer months - about nine wines to taste and generous pours of the ones you like!

Visited July 2014

“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

It was our first time at Capital Grille and was an incredible experience from start to finish - from the atmosphere to the service to the food and drinks! Loved our server, Loche, who did a fantastic job helping guide us through the menu, have the chef do a special split meal plate, and personally did the special chocolate message on our dessert plate. We will definitely be back!

Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Surprise Birthday Celebration - BEST MEAL EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

My best friends and I surprised my wife with a birthday dinner. They first impressed by letting me bring in flowers several hours ahead of time and had them set on the table when we arrived. They took the initiative to sprinkle some confetti too. As far as the food, there were 3 different steaks that we ordered, but the Porcini Rubbed Delmonico was one of the best steaks that we've ever tasted. The Lobster Mac 'N' Cheese was delicious as usual, and we finished the meal off with a coconut creme pie and a champagne toast. It was one of the best meals that we've ever had. Great food; great service; great night.

• Visited June 2014
“Was really amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

This was my very first time very going to Capital Grille, but I would definitely come back! The food was amazing, but they stuck a whole plate full in front of you! The service was great and if you wanted a refill on your soda, they will continue to refill it! It was a great place and we will definitely continue to go!

• Visited May 2014
Dallas, TX
“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've had a gift card from The Capital Grille for sometime as I wanted to use it for a special occasion. Knowing that we were going to be in Downtown for a weekend staycation (we are locals), I thought it would be the perfect opportunity. I went onto the website and made a reservation for early Friday evening.

Upon arrival, the valet was quite friendly and I thought we were off to a great start. There were three people behind the host stand, one of which I thought might be a manager (full suit). We were greeted and sat at a nice table near the kitchen. The wine menu was delivered. I must say, that the selection and options for wine, was actually the best part of the entire experience. Our server, was polite: yet not really what I would describe as personable. He described the specials and asked if we had any questions. I ordered a chop salad ($12), followed by the tenderloin and lobster tails (at $51 ala cart): rare. My better half ordered a tomato and mozzarella salad and filet mignon: medium well. This is where it started to go downhill.

The salad: looked as if it had been prepared hours in advance and appeared to be a bit wilted. I ate one bite and pushed it to the side. My better half said that the salad was "adequate". The server looked at the salad and said, "are you through with this", I replied: "actually I am, as it wasn't fresh or flavorful". He didn't apologize, or ask if I would like something else, he just wisked it off the table.

When our entrees arrived, mine was luke warm, my better half's was completely rare. I didn't notice it right away and he didn't want to make a fuss, considering the way the salad was handled. I am not a "foodie" but certainly have had my fair share of great meals at a variety of price points in the Dallas Metro. Our total bill was around $160+, which I would have been happy to absorb, should it had been an experience to remember. Unfortunately, it is memorable: but for all of the wrong reasons! There are too many other options out there to settle for The Capital Grille's lack luster service and average at best entrees.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Robert_TX

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!