“Enjoyed good meal and Basketball”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,655 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: On Maple between Cedar Springs & McKinney
Description: Just blocks away from the Arts District, our executive chef at The Capital Grille is creating works of art himself– from prime aged beef The Dallas Observer has praised as “great,” to appetizers you'll call irresistible. Even our service has been described as “old-school professional and attentive”; by The Dallas Morning News. Complimentary valet parking ensures you’ll breeze right in to indulge in Dallas’s finest.
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been to the capital Grille in Washington DC, Milwaukee, and Miami. I'm familiar with their excellent service and very good food. For the first time I sat at the bar at the Dallas capital Grille because it was within walking distance of the Hotel Zaza. We enjoyed watching a basketball game, talking with other customers at the bar and had very good food. The service was very good and I enjoyed the friendly nature of our bartender. Bottom line, when in Uptown Dallas, I would probably return to known excellence

Reviewed May 4, 2014

To clarify I am a 20+ customer of The Capital Grille, primarily in the Northeast Philly, DC, Providence RI, but especially Boston. With this in mind I pretty much know what I am going to order ahead of time and I have preexisting expectations based on my experience in Boston. This restaurant is in a bit of an odd location. The interior decor is what I expected with wood paneling, oil paintings, brass, etc.... However the dinning area is rectangular, which is a challenge with round tables. The first table offered to us was a round table right next to the steps of a raised dinning section and as I pulled my chair out to sit I was not only in the middle of the aisle but one wrong turn and I would tumble down the stair. So we asked for another table. This time it was down in the main dinning area but in the aisle of the kitchen. Not necessarily a big deal but in this restaurant it is a quasi-open kitchen so we had constant kitchen noise. At some point it became annoying. The service was.....ok...... The petite waitress was attentive but was not genuine. We ordered the pan fried calamari and salmon as starters. I have had their pan fried calamari at several locations and it is always lightly cooked and non greasy. Not here. Everything on the plate was greasy. The salmon was small in portion with way to many sauces, capers, etc.... Disappointing start to what is adding up to be an expensive night... As someone who rarely eats meat I was looking forward to a nice quality steak. To my surprise and disappointment there was either an average size Filet, which normally is fine with me, but I was in the mood for a Rib Eye. After struggling through a menu of either over sauced or spiced steaks or cow size portions I opted for the Delmonico. The sides included asparagus and spinach, which were greasy/oily. In the end when it all arrived the steak was at least two times the size as it should have been and the veg was half the size I had expected. In the end I ended up with a plate of meat and grease. Very disappointing to say the least, especially for $480.00 for four people......

Tip: If you are looking for a relaxing but nice dinner out with business associates perhaps look for another alternative.

3  Thank Sailingbill63
Reviewed April 29, 2014

You can say AWESOME in Dallas; everything here is over the top.I often come to The Capital Grille because the bartenders are the best ( I don't drink) company in town and they have these incredible fries smothered in blue cheese that are to die for.Always good company and food.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Capital Grille in Dallas is much better than other cities I've visited. I believe it's primarily due to its management and staff. Always, and I do mean always, a "cut above" in service and knowledge of the menu; both dinner and wine. It enjoys a good clientele and you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We eat at this restaurant every chance we get since there is not a Capital Grille where we live. The selections of food and wine are excellent, but be prepared to pay top dollar. The service is exemplary and the food is always excellent. On the weekend night we attended, the restaurant was very busy and tables were available only with a reservation. Parking is limited, so be prepared to valet your vehicle.