“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
500 Crescent Court, Suite 135, Dallas, TX 75201 (Oak Lawn)
(214) 303-0500
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,429 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: On Maple between Cedar Springs & McKinney
Description: Just blocks away from the Arts District, our executive chef at The Capital Grille is creating works of art himself– from prime aged beef The Dallas Observer has praised as “great,” to appetizers you'll call irresistible. Even our service has been described as “old-school professional and attentive”; by The Dallas Morning News. Complimentary valet parking ensures you’ll breeze right in to indulge in Dallas’s finest.
Sherman, Texas
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We started with lobster bisque for the two of us
and it was delicious.

For our entrees we had two steaks and they were
tender juicy and cooked to order.

We shared a bottle of cabernet and everything
was very good.

Decor is dark wood but the walls are covered with
pictures and paintings that make it all very comfortable.

Great service too.

• Visited July 2013

North Houston, Texas
“Pricey for the Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I love fine dining. The Capital Grille was terribly disappointing, considering we left with a $180 bill. First, the Filet Mignon I ordered was definitely not cooked to the requested Medium temperature. The edges were dark and crispy and the middle, grey and unappealing. My husband ordered the ribeye, which was also cooked to an almost well done temperature, he requested medium rare. On a positive note, the service was outstanding! The lobster bisque was delicious. I loved the French onion soup. If we visit again, I would order fish or pork. Perhaps then we could report a satisfied visit. If you are looking for a quiet, quaint - almost romantic type atmosphere with excellent service, you've found it! Cautiously order beef, but try the soup.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Abby252
Oklahoma
“Try the Pineapple martini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We love Capital Grille. We try to go to one whereever we are. The pineapple-infused vodka martini is to die-for. I get one everytime we're there. Great staff, great atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A top steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

THE CAPITAL GRILLE

This is apparently a 'Chain' restaurant. Being from out of town I didn't pick it. My DFW colleagues told me.

The decor is predominately of dark woods with the walls decorated with large portraits of people I assume to be Texans. The faces depicted are predominately male which probably makes one of the two women look very stern and grumpy - a little like I remember my grandmother.

There is an assortment of table styles catering for the different mixes of people and size of groups. Our table was a large and round, adequately and comfortably seating the eight of us.

The food is mainly made up of steaks with 'signature' dishes. I went for something plain without sauce. I ordered the fillet medium rare and that's what I got. My host arranged starters for the table and all we great. Sides for the mains courses were also selected by my host and again they were very good, particularly the mushrooms.

The wine, with dinner, was excellent. A Cabernet from the Napa Valley - it arrived at the table in magnum bottle and was decanted by the waiter.

The service was efficient and unassuming.

• Visited May 2013
Ennis, Texas
“Really Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Setting is first class, service has always been exceptional, and the food has always been the best. We and our guests have never ordered anything that was not great. Would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!