“Capital Grille is always great.. This one excels”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,626 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: On Maple between Cedar Springs & McKinney
Description: Just blocks away from the Arts District, our executive chef at The Capital Grille is creating works of art himself– from prime aged beef The Dallas Observer has praised as “great,” to appetizers you'll call irresistible. Even our service has been described as “old-school professional and attentive”; by The Dallas Morning News. Complimentary valet parking ensures you’ll breeze right in to indulge in Dallas’s finest.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Capital Grille is always great.. This one excels”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Great service and really outstanding wine list. And the food,,,,? Are you kidding me?
Great night, great meal, and great people!
Go! Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013

“Great Atmosphere and Attentive Service”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We always enjoy our time at this restaurant. The atmosphere is great at nitght and the separate dining room is fun for groups. The servers are always attentive, and the menu has a good variety of items to choose from. I also like to go for just the bar area - fun with friends and appropriate for business associates.

• Visited July 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Best calamari in Dallas”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went here with my husband on a Saturday night and the place was full. It's a beautiful, somewhat masculine restaurant with dark woods. The majority of the patrons were older, and I'd say the average age was 60.

Our waiter was very warm and efficient, constantly calling us by name (which is a nice touch). We had a gift card for $200, and I had thought it would be difficult to use all of it on one visit, but that was certainly not a problem as the entrees were in the $40 range without sides. We had been told to order the calamari appetizer and were blown away. It was perfect and was in a delicious sauce that had spicy "cherry" peppers. It was spicy but not too spicy, and the peppers made it absolutely fantastic.

French onion soup was also delicious. I got the tenderloin and lobster combo. The lobster was very undercooked, and the tenderloin was just okay. I didn't call them out on the lobster as I wanted to take the leftovers home and knew that reheating it would cook it some. My husband got the Porterhouse and he loved it. The people sitting next to us had ordered the french fries with parmesan truffle oil, and they said they were really good.

I would go back here again, but might only get the appetizers next time!

• Visited December 2012
Denton, Texas
“Never fails to impress and delight!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've been here for lunch and for dinner. Both times the service was perfect and the food was fabulous. For my husband's 50th birthday, they surprised us with a signed card and confetti on the table. Steaks are always tasty and cooked perfectly. Lunch is a deal with soup, steak sandwich and yummy bread. Definitely will be back

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Melhome45
Dallas, TX
“Great Bar!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Love to go here for a drink and calamari!!!! I love the calamari at Capital Grille! It is the best! My all time favorite place for it.

Visited December 2012

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!