“Recommend - Good Ribs, Clean Restaurant & Nice owners”
Review of Baker's Ribs

Baker's Ribs
Ranked #455 of 3,712 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Baker's Ribs, located just east of downtown Dallas is east it get to and, unlike most downtown restaurants, has ample parking. Initially, we drove past the restaurant, but after driving a few blocks, we decided to go back and try it for lunch; were not disappointed. The ribs were juicy, tender, and had a nice smoky flavor. The sides were also very tasty, especially the cole slaw. The restaurant is comfortable, with lots of seating and is very clean. Very friendly an knowledgable chef explained the different cuts of meat and how they were prepared. The pecan pie was a nice topper to the barbecue lunch.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Ordered half pound ribs and a half pound brisket. I was there for the BBQ and did not want to be distracted by sides. My partner did however order 2 sides - potato salad and mac and cheese. The potato salad was quite good as I did steal a taste. I found the brisket to be tasty but a bit on the dry side. Used the BBQ sauce (they give you a warm bottle to take to your table, I enjoyed the sauce) to rehydrate the meat and this seemed to work but I wish it was just moist in the first place. It was the ribs that were a disappointment. They were leathery and chewy like they had been sitting around too long and had dried out. I did not eat half of my order because of this.

Like others have said, it was well priced and the people were nice but these two things would not be enough of a draw to return.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Extremely well priced BBQ. Brisket was tender, sauce was not too sweet. Very home style restaurant. My dining companions really enjoyed the ribs-fell off the bones. Great variety of sides. I think the potato salad is the best I have had in years. We went on a Friday night and while the take out was busy we were the only ones in the restaurant side. Service was a bit slow, but very friendly. Just a short walk from many hotels. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was actually my second choice. My first pick had just closed. I certainly don't feel like I lost out. Even though this was a take-out order, and I didn't actually start eating it for an hour, the chicken was juicy and cooked very nicely. The ribs were very good, too. Thought the combo was priced reasonably, too. Oh, there's free ice cream here, too.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Loved the ribs and the brisket. Sauce is exactly as I like it. Best bbq that I have eaten in the Dallas area although I have yet to try the place at the Farmers Market that everyone is raving about.

Been to Baker's Ribs? Share your experiences!