“Very good bbq”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Loved the ribs and the brisket. Sauce is exactly as I like it. Best bbq that I have eaten in the Dallas area although I have yet to try the place at the Farmers Market that everyone is raving about.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Baker's Ribs BBQ is really a great value for the money. The menu choices are good and prices very reasonable. Chopped beef is yummy, add their sauce and it's a good as any I've ever had. The chicken is moist and flavorful. The baked potato is delicious. Fried pies for the brave ones with an appetite. The Deep Ellum restaurant is charming, well staffed, well run and friendly! Great value and quality!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Here it is Memorial weekend and I have a choice. I can either go to Soulmans's BBQ or Baker's Ribs BBQ. So I thought for a minute and decided on Bakers Ribs ( wanted their fried pies) / Mouth was watering for Ribs . Now I will tell you that I don't eat ribs very seldom because I feel that ribs or a waste because after all you paying for a lots of bone right? Ok so I told them that I was wanting an order of delicious ribs. I got it to go which is always a mistake because you can't always turn around and drive all the way back if your not happy . Well, I was I was not happy with the ribs. I could not chew them and they were very tough. The sides we ok and the peach pie was good . If you want sugar free pies you have to go to another of there restaurants since they do not offer them any more. Perhaps the other Bakers Ribs are good but this one I do not recommend for ribs.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Baker's Ribs in Deep Ellum is one of my favorite Texas BBQ restaurants!!!

The baked potato with chopped beef on top is delicious! Around $8.75!

Easy to get to and free parking, it is so fast, faaasssstttt and really good quality!!!

I rate this 5 stars because it is one of the best tasting BBQ in Texas just as good as Up in Smoke!

Wicked fried pies! Oh man it is so wicked I cheap at least once a week and go for it!

Great atmosphere, seat yourself, self serve ice cream at the end is free!

BBQ...BBQ...where are you? In Dallas in Deep Ellum go get it!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been eating at Baker's Ribs for at least 10 years, and their ribs and brisket are among the best in Dallas. Excellent side dishes as well; their beans and potato salad are among the best I've had. Drawbacks: I love pulled pork and have tried theirs twice and both times the pork was gamey and I sent it back. My wife almost became physically ill and refuses to eat there anymore. Also, who likes to eat on styrofoam plates with plastic forks and knives? Not me - this keeps me from going more often. Also, I think people in Texas like to serve their own side dishes. Most barbecue restaurants we go to allow customers to serve up their own side dishes - that's probably why we go to Spring Creek and Soulman's more often. Their meat isn't as good as Baker's, but the dining experience is better. Every time I go to Baker's Ribs the place is nearly empty - I eat mostly at the Garland and Rowlett locations. Yet Spring Creek is nearly full most times we are there.

Lose the plastic dinnerware and let folks serve up their own side dishes and you will get a lot more business.