“Wonderful lunch”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had the two meat combo for lunch, and it was terrific. I enjoyed eating outside (under cover - it was pouring!), and both the brisket and pulled pork were fork tender, smokey and delicious.

I will definitely return the next time I'm in Dallas!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Despite the name, the brisket here is the best item. It's got a good smoky flavor, like genuine barbeque should have. The ribs are pretty good but not standout. The sides are decent. The place isn't fancy, it's cafeteria-style service, but the staff are friendly and I find it a pretty enjoyable place to have some of the better barbeque to be found in Dallas.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

While in Dallas, we wanted some true Texas Barbeque. Not overpriced like many of the bbq places, very affordable. Like most texan bbq it wasn't so much about the sauce as it is the meat. My girlfriend got the sandwich and I had the ribs/chopped beef. Some of the best barbeque i have had in my life. Anybody looking for a great place to eat, go to Baker's

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Dallas enjoys a wide panorama of barbecue, including entire dynasties of smokers. That said, traditional dining venues like Deep Ellum and downtown have one locus: Baker's. In their new digs at Main&Hall, the light fresh dining room offers thick rib platters, big potatoes and plenty of alternatives to bbq beans (not that there's anything wrong with that).
The home commute, a nearby Baylor sojourn, or an introduction to BBQ 101, Baker's exceeds that need. At this new location: Fried Pies!!! Made fresh, these enjoy true fillings like cherry, lemon, blackberry, chocolate and coconut. Wait, I forgot peach! Worth the trip.
Clean tables, an outside patio, on the quiet end of Main. Walk from Baylor or Ellum DART station.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We've been coming to Baker's Ribs since we first discovered it on Zagat back in 1999. When we first came, it was the best we'd ever had. I'm not sure if it's not as good as it used to be, or if we've just had better BBQ since then. I digress.

The pulled pork was very juicy, with a nice crust - and the sauce, which is always served hot was very good. As always I had the potato salad, which is not your average mustard-based affair, but is a white potato salad - called 'dill potato salad' I think.

The price used to be excellent, but today, for two pork sandwich specials, and a kids sandwich special, it was over 35 dollars. A bit more than what I wanted to spend for a lunch.

On a side note, the wind storms knocked out the power just as we were about to get our complimentary ice cream cone. I was sad.