“get the baby back ribs”
Review of Peggy Sue BBQ

Peggy Sue BBQ
Ranked #187 of 3,713 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed February 21, 2014

fall off bone with excellent sauce and smoke. pulled pork not smoked enough and meats weren't hot, but were heated quickly when requested with no loss in flavor or texture. Also had the brisket, same lack of smoke. get the ribs. they are excellent

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I hadn't eaten all day, so I ordered up an immense meat feast. I ended up with a three-meat Full Meal with fatty sliced brisket, sausage, and pulled pork, with Sweet Potater Tots and Hoppin' John on the side.

The Sweet Potater Tots are just what they sound like: tater tots made from sweet potatoes. My tots were crispy and sweet. The Hoppin' John, however, needs a little more explanation. Essentially, you've got black eyed peas, rice, and celery in a broth, which made it almost like a black eyed pea gumbo.

I started my chow down with the sausage. It was smokey and full of spice, and the casing had a great snap to it. The pulled pork was just a little dry and didn't have too much flavor, so this is where Peggy Sue's homemade bbq sauce came in handy. The brisket was spectacularly juicy and tender, probably because I selected a fatty cut over the lean.

Read my full review, complete with pictures:

Search "The Barbecue Fiend"

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We visited Peggy Sue BBQ as part of a college visit with our daughter to Southern Methodist University (right across the street). We wanted traditional, casual good food, and that's exactly what we got! The restaurant is simple - like an older diner- but the food was terrific and the staff were extremely friendly. Plus, it was a great value.

We had the brisket and ribs - yum. Plus the onion rings and sweet potato tots were delicious. For desert, save room for a least a couple of bites if the fried pie (we liked the coconut!). We thought this bbq was better than others in the Dallas area we tried. Don't come here if you want a "fine dining" experience....come here to enjoy tasty food and feel welcomed into the Peggy Sue family!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

While there might be better BBQ in Dallas, Peggy Sue's is still worth visiting. The chopped beef and pulled pork sandwiches are great, and the spicy barbeque sauce is also very good. A place that I will keep coming back to.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Great BBQ here, started out with the smoked bbq onion which was surprisingly good, then topped off the night with the lean brisket. The WOW factor is in the food. The service is so so, the atmosphere is what you would expect in a hole in the wall kinda of place. If your looking to get some great bbq that was smoked out in your backyard, this is your place.