“Actually ABOVE average to Very Good Steakhouse !”
Review of Kirby's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Kirby's Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McCommas
New York City, New York
“Actually ABOVE average to Very Good Steakhouse !”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I arrived without a reservation and nevertheless was seated immediately, by a helpful friendly young Hostess.
As I looked around the interior after being seated it was almost full of talkative, seemingly happy, content diners.
The Kitchen was in sight, along with the very nice looking accommodating bar area where several patrons congregated.
Got a Glass of Cabernet, and ordered one of the specials that evening. Started off with a Salad with Blue Cheese dressing and crumpled Blue on the side which was very good. Then had a Filet 7 oz ( medium rare) topped with lobster chunks, asparagus, and hollandaise .( The Special ) It was cooked perfectly so I savored it .
Service was efficient, paced well, helpful, and friendly.
No desert, no room.

This restaurant was recommended by the Staff at the Double Tree Hilton at Campbell Center where I was staying.
I was happy that I took their advice and would most definitely return.
Enjoy !

• Visited July 2013

“First time...Great food!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I said first time but I did visit this restaurant with friends about 9 years ago. It has gone through a full transformation and fits within the local "grille" type restaurant...What I mean is most of the upscale restaurants now have a spin-off of the 4-5 star food and have a less expensive but still nice place to go eat...

This place falls right in line with the rest of them...

My wife and I visited on a Friday night and had reservations. We were seated right away and had great service all night long. Everyone was very attentive and the GM also came by and brought us our ticket to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

I had the Halibit Picata and my wife had the Salmon...Everything was wonderful and great portion sizes.

We will being going back and visiting again!

• Visited February 2013
Dallas
“Our little celebration place...”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Whenever we have something to celebrate, my wife and son and I always think of this place. He is 10 and loves their food. It is a bit pricey for an everyday restaurant, so we tend to come here about every 60 days.

We were regulars at the Old Kirby's, back when it was only a steakhouse...they still have the Cowboy Bone in ribeye on the menu and the wedge salad, so it sort of still feels like the old place.

There is a big beautiful bar where you can sit by a fire and have a good stuff drink.

Awesome place. We will be back again.

Vista, California
“Great Peppercorn filet”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Kirby's has three locations in Texas. The one in dallas is excellent. A phenomenal wine list that is easily one of the largest i have EVER seen. Our waiter needed to be better trained as she wasn't totally knowledgeable on the wines and i had to point out the wine I wanted after she stated they didn't have it. It was on the list after a little search on my part. The steaks were prepared to perfection as was the side of asparagus. The chocolate lava cake was rich, decadent and perfect as well. Overall a tad expensive but what you'd expect from an upscale steak house.

• Visited January 2013
“New concepts works”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Since they change the concept it dove tails nicely with the old Steak House. Good food at fair prices and a friendly staff makes everything work.

Visited December 2012