“Best Tex-Mex I had in Texas!”
Review of Mattito's

Mattito's
Ranked #478 of 3,600 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Description: For over 20 years, Mattito's has served locals and visitors to Dallas with authentic Tex-Mex. Built on family recipes over fifty years old, Mattito's in Oak Lawn is our original location. Convenient for visitors in nearby hotels and conventions in downtown Dallas and Uptown. Mattito's is located in the Centrum Building and offers free parking in a large underground garage. Valet parking is also available for $3. Experience Tex-Mex, in Big-D style! Bold flavors, big portions and ample seating options. Mattito's can accommodate large groups in our restaurant or choose from one of four banquet rooms. We can cater for travel groups, birthday parties, corporate events and more. Mattito's is famous for our food and drinks, but our atmosphere and service don't disappoint either! Two outdoor patios, an expansive bar with free appetizers and drink specials during happy hour, Monday - Friday. Sunday morning at 10 am, we offer an expansive brunch with all you can eat Tex-Mex favorites! Bring your amigo's to Mattito's. Whether it's margaritas with friends, a place to watch the big game, a casual family dinner, or a meal during vacation, let our food, location and service be your comfort!"
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Tex-Mex I had in Texas!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We met a friend here for brunch, who lives in Dallas and recommended the brunch buffet. I normally never do buffets, but fell in love quickly with this one! All the food you can imagine for lunch and an omelet station too. Egg sopas, flautas, tamales, fajitas, chile rellenos and much more- and it was all fantastic and tasty. I would go back in a heartbeat. Great margaritas, too!

• Visited November 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“surprised”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

From prior reviews of this place I thought I'd really love it. I didn't. I thought the food was just okay and relatively expensive for what it was. I was with a group and we all did a buffet. I saw nothing special, unique or terribly interesting about the buffet.

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful this time of year”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We ate dinner at Mattito's tonight, and the food was delicious! I ordered the Tilapia with black bean sauce, rice, and vegetables. This is the only mexican restaurant I can think of that really gives vegetables with their food: broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, red and green bell peppers... delicious! Also, the environment is wonderful this time of year! We ate outside on the patio, which is topped with a thick layer of twisting vines and green leaves. There is a three layer fountain near the tables. It was noisy inside, but outside we mostly just heard the peaceful fountain and the sounds of uptown (including occasional airplanes flying low on their way to the airport). If you have spent time in Uptown, then you are used to that sound.

The view from the restaurant windows is the beautiful patio. The view from the patio is the various wood-vine plants and fountain, the parking lot, and some nice looking buildings with trees in front of them in the distance. So it's not spectacular, but it is a lot nicer than I would picture if someone just said "parking lot".

There is road construction going on in the main street outside the restaurant (Cedar Springs), so be sure you know how to get there. The construction workers are gone in the evening, so you just have to drive around the traffic cones; there is no construction noise after probably 6:00. (We went from 7-8pm, but city laws require an earlier cut off for construction noise since the street is near apartments). The parking lot is Valet, so it is easy to find a place to park. We live in the area, so we walked instead.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SarahTea
Dallas, Texas
“Great Cheese Enchiladas!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have not eaten here since they moved from the Oak Lawn location. We eat at Matt’s in Lakewood and Austin, but forgot how good Mattito’s is. The food is great and the cheese enchiladas are some of the best, which includes, Matt’s, Jacala (San Antonio), Manny’s, and Pappasito’s – the con carne sauce is wonderful. The diner plates are great (I usually keep it simple and order the Paco). They will even make you a bowl of Bob Armstrong Dip! You cannot go wrong here for good food and service.

• Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very good tex mex !”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

We sat on the patio and had a great margarita
The fish tacos and carnitas tacos were outstanding
The salsa is fantastic!