“Their seafood appetizer...”
Review of III Forks

III Forks
Reserve with OpenTable
III Forks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 3,614 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Trinity Mills and Dallas Tollway
Description: Located in North Dallas, III Forks serves the ultimate in Texas French cuisine. III Forks is a restaurant that has recreated the grandiose lifestyle experienced by Texans who believed that fine dining was a perfect combination of great food, great service, great atmosphere and great music spent with the ones you love. With over 25,000 square feet of elegant dining, III Forks can accommodate intimate parties, as well as social gatherings up to 1000, which makes this the perfect choice for any special occasion. III Forks makes each and every special event memorable.
“Their seafood appetizer...”
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Their seafood appetizer was definitely the way to start off our meal. Its a huge serving so be prepared. Two can split it easily.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I spent my 23rd birthday...”
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I spent my 23rd birthday here and had one of the best meals ever! Truly the best steak and lobster in the metroplex.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Well you pay so much money you usually don't understand why, but in this case every small details was perfrect, even...”
Reviewed May 1, 2008

Well you pay so much money you usually don't understand why, but in this case every small details was perfrect, even the green beans were excellent (and I don't like beans), for sure it was the best T-Bone I had in Dallas (and I had a lot), this is one level above the others, so I can also forgive them about the small mix-up with the orders of the rest of the people, if it was not the big price tag (75$ for dinner with simple wine) I would return for there tomorrow

Dallas
“Big, overpriced, and a bit gaudy.”
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This is a huge restaurant. I suppose there's nothing inherently wrong with eating dinner on the other side of a glass wall from a 300-person wedding party drunk dancing, but it does cut into the ambiance a bit.

I think the decor is questionable, to say the least. But, if you like chandeliers made of antlers accompanied by animal murals on the ceiling and boldly-striped wallpaper, who am I to judge?

Don't be surprised when the waiter opens up with "what are you celebrating tonight?" because this restaurant caters mainly to suburbanites who don't eat out frequently enough to realize that expensive food does not always equal good food. The service overall was decent enough, but it didn't stand-out in any way.

Which brings me to my biggest disappointment, the food. Both mine and my wife's steaks were served woefully under-cooked and embarrassingly cold. The seasoning was bland. The sides were so lackluster I don't remember what I ate. The salad was actually pretty good.

All this for $60-80 a person (without drinks)? I doubt I'll be back.

United States
“Best Meal Ever”
Reviewed April 22, 2008

In town on business and was taken as a guest. I've eaten at numerous top end steak houses across the country in my life, and this had to be the best steak and overall meal experience I have ever experienced. I at the "bone-in" filet. The seasonings they used gave it something extra, and the closer to the bone I got, the more flavorful the meat became. You have to tryi the 3 Forks Salad, which is a mixture of greens, pecans, maytag bleu cheese, and molasses vinagrette dressing. Also sides come with your entree, which is a big switch from the typical ala carte high end steakhouses. At first this made me skeptical that the quality might not be as good, but I was wrong! The meal came with excellent mash potatoes, sugar snap peas (which were incredible), and best of all the creamed corn (cut fresh from the cob). Atmosphere was what you would expect from a steakhouse in Texas. The waiter was excellent, with outstanding product knowledge and was very attentive, yet not stuffy. The wines were a bit pricey, but again, that's typical for this level of a restaurant. I did not have dessert as I was stuffed after everything else. One other touch was they brought by a platter of sliced tomatoes and scallions to eat with you meal. It really gave the meal and extra "country" feel. This place is a must when you are in Dallas.....period. I can't wait to come back.

Been to III Forks? Share your experiences!