“A Wonderful 20th Anniversary Treat”

The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 3,578 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Turtle Creek and Gillespie
Dallas
“A Wonderful 20th Anniversary Treat”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I bought a Travel Zoo voucher as I thought this would be a great way to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and I had not been to The Mansion in almost 20 years. The reservation process was easy over the internet and they called to confirm the day before and mentioned our special occasion. Very thoughtful. We arrived a bit easy so sampled a wonderful old aged rum in the very cozy bar area which was decorated like an English hunting club. They carried our bar bill to our table without a word and we were seated in a very intimate corner by a window looking out over the terrace. The extremely sweet hostess mentioned our anniversary again and asked if the table was what we were looking for. It was. We ordered the sweetbreads and agnoli and the ahi tuna parfait for our appetizer and the Arctic Char and Lobster for dinner. Both were great. The sauces really make the dishes. Dessert was so good. I was concerned that we might have a reduction in service as we were using a voucher but I couldn't have been more wrong. Really bad assumption on my part. The entire staff from the hostess to the bread service was impeccable. Our waiter was formal but friendly, knowledgeable but not stuffy. We were checked on frequently without being invasive. I can see why this is the best restaurant in Dallas. I certainly do not plan to let another 20 years go by without visiting. They even gave us a special card with a nice rendition of The Mansion with personal thanks for attending on our anniversary-a nice keepsake.

1 Thank Marley03

Austin, Texas
“Fabulous Brunch with Dessert Buffet!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We used a Travelzoo voucher for brunch at The Mansion and discovered upon arrival that they also have a dessert buffet created by their French pastry chef (!!!!).

We both ordered shrimp ceviche for our appetizer. It arrived at our table at the same time as a variety of baked breads (including a bacon and onion bread that my husband adored) + cherry scones.

We ordered Dungeness Crab Eggs Benedict and Steak and Eggs as our entrees and both were delicious. I decided to have the dessert buffet, and sampled basically one of everything from Hazelnut Truffles to Lemon Raspberry Custard... "Exotic Cake" made from mango and passion fruit... [Sigh....] All was delicious. My husband was laughing at me and the serving staff was cheering me on ("Go get more!!")

It was a memorable experience that without the special offer, we never would have thought of trying.

2 Thank kokusai
Southlake
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our favorite restaurant in Dallas. Food, service and ambiance are superlative. Prices reflect the quality so it can be quite expensive but they do participate in Restaurant Week and sometimes have a promotion through Travel Zoo (yay!!!)

1 Thank OneOpini0n
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Enjoyed Breakfast and Lunch. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Atmosphere was excellent. Flower arrangements were beautiful. Food was excellent.

Visited February 2013
McKinney, Texas
“Must Try Once - Twice if you have some cash to spare”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I find this to be (certainly) the upper limit of expenditures for a dinner; but mind you, the food is excellent and the service and atmosphere is to match. It is elegant and it is quaint. So this early in my review, I suggest you go if this is what you are after. I work in the health industry and wear scrubs and lab coats all day long. If it wasn't for Church, I wouldn't get near a suit and tie. So getting dressed up with the wife for our anniversary started this out as fun. We arrived and were valet parked. We ordered the risotto and lobster bisque for appetizers and she had the filet and I the Maine Lobster. Desert was the chocolate composition and the raspberry cheesecake. I give the risotto a 9/10, she gave the lobster soup an 8/10 because she is not a Lobster fan. Now I asked her why on earth she got it - her answer was "I want to" OKAY ... I gave the maine lobster a 10 and the filet a 10 (I ate some of hers). Desserts didn't last long either. Gone in a second :) I cannot find a thing to complain about ... maybe some of the others who have gone multiple times compare the service/food to other visits can find some. But I will take my wife again - some anniversary in the future.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank William J

Travelers who viewed The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek also viewed

Been to The Mansion Restaurant at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek? Share your experiences!