“Great food AND service!”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 3,600 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
“Great food AND service!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I will say it up front.. the only downside to this restaurant is the valet parking (I know it says complimentary, but they really expect a tip). I don't mind paying valet at an upscale restaurant, but Uncle Julios?

Now on to all the greatness that is Uncle Julios:
- Chips and salsa to start are delicious!
- Queso, also delicious. I could eat just the queso and chips and salsa mentioned above, as a meal. I usually just eat so many that I end up not being hungry for my meal (oh, mexican restaurants..)
- MARGARITAS! I believe I just got the house margarita, and boy was it strong, but not so strong that it tasted like straight alcohol. After two, I was definitely starting off my evening right (and definitely not driving)
- Fajitas. Now this is the best part. Unlike other mexican restaurants I frequent (Pappasitos) Uncle Julios goes ahead and puts the butter on the meat. When I get the option (butter on the side), I don't put it on the meat, but when it is automatically done for me, it makes fajitas SO MUCH BETTER. Also, the meat (chicken) was cooked perfectly and the tortillas were great.
- Service. We had a fun server who was really helpful helping my picky friends decide their meals :)

I recommend you go get the exact same meal I had - yum!

• Visited May 2013

Round Rock
“Great food, even better service!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband's softball team had dinner here together on the recommendation of a local friend. The staff at Uncle Julio's were friendly, accommodating, and the food and drinks were fantastic! Justin was our server and he gave our group incredible service and lots of attention. GREAT experience!

Visited May 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Worst Mexican Restaurant Ever”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Simply did not like any thing about it: decor, service menu. Opion shared by the other three at our table for a late Fri lunch. Won't go back--ever!

• Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“One more Please!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Good Tex-Mexd with awesome "Swirl" Margaritas... Don't expect to cutback on calories here... Nice vibe...Medium priced...I've only visited the Irving location, but if I was not watching my waistline, I'd have been back...

Visited July 2012
Ennis, Texas
“Always good.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This a place that I have eaten at for years. Never had a bad meal. Service is always good. I really like there cheese Enchiladas, possible the best I have ever eaten. Also the have Vegetable tamale that is exceptional. Highly recommend this place.

Visited April 2013

Been to Uncle Julio's? Share your experiences!