“At best, average steakhouse”
Review of The Palm Dallas - CLOSED

The Palm Dallas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Reviewed January 6, 2013

When I go to a high end steakhouse, I normally order a New York strip, medium rare. It is a reliable cut of meat that normally arrives as a cut over an inch thick, nicely seared and very juicy. Well, that is what typically occurs, but not during my recent visit to the Dallas Palm. The strip was at most 3/4 of an inch thick with a fair amount of fat and significant gristle. A far cry from what I expected for the almost fifty dollars it cost. What a disappointment. I fought my way through about two thirds of it and just left the remainder. This is not the cut of meat that the Dallas Palm used to serve.

The wine list is pretty average and high priced, especially the cabernets which are ordered frequently at a nice steakhouse. For example, a recent vintage of Silver Oak cabernet (.750 bottle) was way north of $200. It is no surprise that the Palm suffers from what I call "bill creep" where, when the check arrives you wonder how in the world it could be that high.

There are any number of really good steak restaurants in Dallas. It is doubtful that I will return to the Palm anytime soon unless someone else makes the dinner plans.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I love The Palm, literally everywhere I've been. I am always amazed that across the nation, their consistency is uniform... Absolute perfection!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you are looking for a great steak that will melt in your mouth, this is the place. I got the filet which was great but what was excellent was my husbands ribeye. OMG!!! The best, you could cut it with a fork. Of course their home fries, the little red potatoes are excellent. Also, the calamari appetizer was a huge plate, I think we could have eaten off of just that. I have been there for their business lunch and it is a great deal for the price. I definitely would refer The Palm to everyone I know.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have going to the Palm since I was a baby and when Al was the GM there. My parents have been there more than 1,000 times and even have there face on the wall right when you walk in on the top right "DR. C". It is a tradition for me every year on June 18th to celebrate my birthday dinner having our same waiter; I keep forgetting his name "Tony" I think. But he has been serving me since day 1. I am trying to build my Dad's reputation and earn my points so one day I can have my own picture on the wall next to him. The only concer my Dad had a problem with is the new Assist. GM Andreas Bouras and his interpersonal skills once we walked in. As my Dr. C mentioned and this is coming from his mouth,is he always liked it the most when coming back in was when he was greeted and welcomed back in. (esp. when Al was working). He was just dissapointed that he wasn't recognized from not being back lately and for not being on the wall for all the money he's "dropped there", he says lol. Love my pops, but being all New Yorkers, I know where he is coming from. We will be coming back soon and hopefully not drop $800.. never happens.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We picked The Palm in Dallas for our anniversary because we always enjoy The Palm in Las Vegas. My husband and I both agreed, that as much as we always like what we have in Las Vegas, The Palm in Dallas is even better! We had Lobster Bisque, followed by steak (filet) and lobster. I had lobster tail and my husband had 1/2 of a 3 pound lobster. It was delicious. Steaks were fork tender.
Vegas beat Dallas location in one area - SERVICE. MUCH MUCH better service in Vegas. In Dallas we had to ask, we had to WAIT, we had to ask, we had to WAIT.