“Huge and wonderful”

48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Huge and wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Love love this store. It is the biggest store of Half Price Books family. Large selection of books for adults and children and many gift items. Huge clarence section of books.

Visited December 2013

Dallas, Texas
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 227 helpful votes
“This Place is Huge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is the flagship store for the entire Half Price Books chain, and it’s huge! I make regular visits here, and it’s one of the places I bring out of town guests who are looking for something to read or who have been trying to find a specific book. Books are arranged into very specific sections, like “nautical” and “natural disasters.” In addition to the staff working in the various sections, there is a help desk located in the center of the store. If you don’t know where to find something you’re looking for, the staff is very helpful. The last time I went, one of the staff led me right to the books I wanted without having to stop and think where they might be, even though the books were a little obscure. I usually bring a list of books I’m looking for when I go. It’s so big that I can start to feel overwhelmed if I’m just browsing. Besides books, they also have movies, records, and software. There is a small coffee shop where you can relax and read, or meet up with others in your group if you decide to split up. The store is dog-friendly, so you can bring your dog in if it’s well-behaved.

Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Must Stop Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We travelled to the Dallas area for a concert, but as usual Half Price Books is a must stop for us...this is absolutely non-negotiable to my family of bibliophiles. Plus it helped that we had a coupon this time! All of us love this book store for a variety of reasons including a great selection of a variety of books, big open areas to enjoy browsing/previewing the books, a small café for when you get a bit tired, a super selection of Clearance/sale items. This time we stayed about 3 1/2 hours...usually we stay longer...yes it is that good! Happy reading.

Visited July 2013