“Excellent Stay at the Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown
Ranked #15 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
North Richland Hills, United States
“Excellent Stay at the Homewood Suites”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Excellent experience as soon as we walked in the door. Managers reception was well received, for a quick weekend getaway this place is highly recommended. Dallas World Aquarium is within walking distance as well as Dealey Plaza. Great stay!

1 Thank Wendell D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Ada, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2014

No concern from the hotel about cleanliness. I was SHOCKED to discover that they didn't have any type of hand sanitizer ANYWHERE! Not in front of the food buffet, not near the coffee station, no where. Really? GROSS. All these people from all over and encouraged to eat breakfast but nothing about cleaning their hands before they do. NASTY! I was shocked and sick to discover, totally ruined my ability to enjoy my meal or allow my children to really interact. For the cost of the hotel one would think they could invest in pump bottles of sanitizer to use before they touch all of the tongs and anything in the food area. Everyone touches the pumps on the coffee station, nothing to clean their hands. Just unacceptable to me from a Hilton.

2 Thank Shannon M
John D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Shannon M,

Thank you for being our guest here in Dallas recently.

We appreciate your request for us to provide hand sanitizer in the breakfast area. We have no problem providing a solution to your request and will do so quickly.

There are lobby bathrooms in the dining area and we always provide 2 different types of cleaning solutions for hand washing and sanitizing at all times.

Thanks for your feedback.

Frostburg, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our stay in the Dallas Homewood Suites. The accommodations were excellent and we highly recommend it to all travelers. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We will certainly be staying at Homewood Suites in the future. This particular hotel had an excellent free hot breakfast each day and a free evening meal with wine and/or beer on Monday through Thursday.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Don W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We just returned from our first trip to Texas! What a lovely experience we had, largely because of our stay at Homewood Suites! "Friendly Frank" and "Wonderful Raul" were two of the frontline staff with whom we interacted. They couldn't have been kinder! They both exuded sincerity, politeness, friendliness, and professionalism. All the staff from John Dallas to the Dinner staff (Alesandra) and Housekeeping (Pam) met or exceeded our standards. I am a proponent of "exceptional customer service"... I was very pleased. My children (ages 4 and 6) enjoyed the family-friendly amenities (indoor pool, media center, basketball court, kid's book) as well as the plentiful included food options. My husband (40's) and my Mother (60's) echo the above sentiments as well as the ease of access to nearby sites by both foot and the free shuttle service; they appreciated the spacious room, too. We would encourage all visitors to Dallas to stay in the downtown Homewood Suites!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
John D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Snow Flower B,
Thank you very much for the great review on TripAdvisor. We enjoyed serving you and your great family while you were here. Thank you for mentioning several of our great team members, they are remarkably friendly and always ready to provide great service.

We hope that your visit was memorable and we appreciate your business so much!

Austin, United States
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed in a corner King suite 1 bedroom and the rooms were very spacious for a family of four. The room was very clean and very up to date and smelled "brand new". This property has amazing amenities for families and we utilized just about all of them. They have a basketball half court, small movie theatre, arcade room with an Xbox and an arcade game that has about 50 games on it, a large billiards table, golf simulator and an indoor pool. The property offers a complimentary dinner M-Thurs and has a nice complimentary breakfast buffet each morning. The property is within blocks of multiple areas of interest downtown like the Dallas Aquarium and the Perot Museum which we did visit. I would stay here again whenever we visit Dallas.

Dear Jerry R,
Thanks for being our guest and for bringing your family to experience Dallas. We heartily agree that our hotel is an excellent choice for families because of our value added amenities as well as all the great sights to visit while you are here.

We are happy to report that downtown Dallas has also become more family friendly over the last several years so we encourage everyone to come see for themselves.

Thanks for staying with us here at the Homewood Suites at the corner of Elm and Griffin. We hope that you will come see us again soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We decided to splurge a little and reserved the corner room and what a nice surprise. We were on the 8th floor with a great view of Dallas. The room was large, nicely decorated and had a nice kitchen. The location couldn't be better if you are a tourist, close to the Texas Book Repository Museum, Perot Science, the Arts District and Deep Ellum. The hotel is a few steps away from a major bus station and the light rail. We were very impressed with the DART. The staff at the hotel were some of the friendliest on the planet and the breakfast and the free dinner were acceptable.

Room Tip: Get the corner room with double windows.
Dallas, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed here with our 3 kids over spring break and had a wonderful time. The hotel is located in downtown Dallas within 3 blocks of the World Aquarium and about 6 blocks from the Perot Science Museum. We loved the free breakfast every morning and the rotating menu kept things from getting boring. This hotel is connected to the underground pedestrian network, which takes you to a food court and Starbucks and other nearby buildings. The room was extremely clean and well stocked for a 3 night stay. As much as I loved our stay I have a few issues that I feel are worth mentioning. There is a switch on the wall when you first walk into the room that controls the power for the whole room, well it’s situated next to a light switch and I found that I was frequently turning off the room power instead of the light; it seems like a simple label would fix this. Another thing is I found the A/C to be very loud in our room. This may not be an issue for some people but I felt it’s worth mentioning because I’m no stranger to loud noise (I have 3 kids, 11 months, 5yrs, and 7yrs). I had to turn the TV volume up when the A/C would come on and it woke the baby up twice while she was napping during the day. Other than these two small things I would have no problem staying at this hotel again, in fact I plan to when I visit Dallas in the summer!!