Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown
$99
$174
$169
  • Pool
Magnolia Hotel Dallas-Park Cities(Dallas)(Great Value!)
$149
$155
$150
HotelsClick
  • Pool
All reviewsbasketball courtgolf simulatorsnooker tablecorner suitefull kitchendealey plazawalking distanceperot museumindoor poolwest endvalet parkingcomplimentary breakfastlight railbreakfast and dinnerconvention centersixth floor museumgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I originally booked my room because it provided the best price for a central location. But it was more than that. Here goes:

My stay was for two nights, 12/26 to 12/28. I got there before the 3pm check-in, but rather than hold my bags while I kill some time (my initial plan), I was given a room. Check-in took about a minute.

The hotel seems to be newly remodeled, with very few signs of wear in the common areas or room. My room fit my needs perfectly...not bowling me over with opulence, but a source of comfort in an unfamiliar environment. [One note, my room was near the elevators, and there was some elevator noise. I don't mind this, but if you are sensitive to these things, I would suggest that you get a room numbered x10 or above]

The breakfast (every morning) and dinner (only M-Th) were fine. There's a waffle station, as well as the normally expected breakfast foods in the morning. Several juices and coffees...it didn't feel chintzy at all. The trays were refreshed constantly, and there were always two attendants servicing the area. There were two local breweries on tap for cocktail hour, as well as wine. And all of this was free.

Pool table, small pool in the basement, exercise room (about ten machines and free weights) , a business center, a movie room, and a game room. If I was the type of person who wanted to relax in the hotel, there was plenty to do.

The hotel is one block away from a central bus center, the light rail, and the free bus (722). Using only public transportation, I could access just about every place of interest for a tourist (except for Cowboy Stadium) quickly and inexpensively.

As a single traveler, I chose this hotel for price and location. If I was a family with small children, it becomes a no-brainer. The staff was very attentive and projected a sense of abundance, with coloring books for children and a generous attitude for everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered x10 or above will not have elevator noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank EatTheBus
Mindy D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

EatTheBus,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. You are right! The lack of wear is due to the fact that we have only been open since October 9th. The details you shared will help future travelers decide on our hotel vs others. Thank you again for helping us end the year with such a strong and positive review. We look forward to seeing you, and hopefully the family, soon!

Happy New Years!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was a great place for us to stay, centrally located in the downtown area. The room was super clean, the furnishings and bedding updated and attractive. Love the lobby with the fireplace and a great complimentary breakfast. They also have a meal in the evening but we did not take advantage of that offering. The staff were very hospitable and welcoming. I would definitely stay here again. I am really fussy about hotels and this was certainly fulfilled all my needs

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Ken H,

We love hearing such positive reviews from our self proclaimed "Fussy" travelers. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Happy New Years!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've stayed here for seven straight weeks and it's as good as it gets. The staff is very friendly. This is the only hotel I've ever stayed at that I don't get homesick at. The rooms with floor to ceiling windows are the best.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Mindy D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Taylor S,

First of all thank you for taking the time to share your review and kind words. This was a nice surprise in our inbox when we woke up this morning! As you know we focus on Extended Stay travelers in Dallas and appreciate your feedback as a 7 week stay guest. We feel this will help future guests make their decision on where to stay after reading your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am in the hospitality industry and was "wowed" by my stay and experience in the hotel. Everything from valet, front desk, security to my room was excellent. I will definitely stay again as well as recommend to my clients as well as friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Mindy D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Vicky W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We look forward to having your clients stay with us and promise to take good care of them. The biggest compliment is a referral! Thank you again!

Respectfully,

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights during the winter ice storm. The hotel is very new. I believe it just opened. The overall décor of the hotel is new and very clean. The rooms were the same and very large. I believe they are almost as large as a small apartment. The amenities were amazing! With basket ball, fitness center, pool table and a game room I was able to keep my self occupied while being iced in. The staff was very friendly and eager to help with any requests. The location is great as it is in the heart of downtown surrounded by places to go and see. I would definitely stay again and recommend to my clients.

Room Tip: The views of the west side of the hotel are amazing! You can even see the building with the green lights!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Vicky W,

We are so pleased to hear that you were able to stay for a few nights and enjoy all that our historic building has to offer. We hope you're able to visit us again soon.

Respectfully,