“Screen Quality”

Ranked #7 of 35 Fun & Games in Dallas
Arlington, Texas
“Screen Quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was my second time at this theater. I saw "American Hustler" in the Loft. My first visit was "The Great Gatsby" What I see as a movie screen flaw (or projector) is that the quality of the screen brigthness and imaging is very dim and dark. If corporate were to fix that issue, on all of their screens LOOK Theater would be great. Dim screens in movie theater is annoying and substandard.
Your competitor Cinemark Theaters has excellent digital screen brightness and imaging, especially Cinemak in Grapevine. I"ll return in six months to see if those changes has occurred. Meanwhile
I'll return to Cinemark. This comment is meant to be a postive suggestion and to have a better customer experience with increase revenue. Good Luck!!!

Visited December 2013

Dallas, Texas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Awesome 3D Theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Saw Gravity in 3D. The 3D effects were amazing. You felt like you were going to get hit by the space debris. Best 3D effects I've ever seen. The new sound system they use is also amazing and just adds so much more to the 3D effect.

Visited October 2013
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The hype and advertising is better than the actual experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

First off, my expectations were slightly elevated, even after the confusing website descriptions. Tickets are between $10 - $13. A few theaters offer food from Nick and Sam's Grill. We chose to eat in the actual Nick and Sam's Grill restaurant area. It is attached by a hallway.

The architecture is quite impressive. The small details in the design make it visually impressive. Other than that, it's just a theater. We watched a movie in The Loft theater section because the website led us to believe that food and beverages were served in the theater...not true. There is a concession stand up there, and that is it. Nothing special or different than anywhere else, except it is small and crowded and overpriced.

The theater was nice, but not very roomy for individuals. I am a smaller guy (5'7", 150) and there was barely room for me in the seat. And as far as people getting by or crossing your legs - it isn't going to happen.

It is nice that every 2 seats are separated with an extra armrest so couples can each have their own and not share with a stranger. The stadium seating is also a positive. It is at a sharper incline than most, meaning even when the guy in front me who was probably 6'6" tall, it didn't have an effect my view at all.
To sum up: expensive, small, good architecture and design, has Nick and Sam's Grill attached, small personal space.

My advice? Go to the Inwood Theater.

Visited August 2013
“Fun place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I find that the service is great and unlike most theaters you have assigned seats. Pick where you want to sit online and walk to your seat. No rush to get the best seat, because you have already chosen it. How cool is that!

Visited June 2013
Dallas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Needlessly contemporary”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I know what they were trying to do, a fancy eat-in theater but it is a good thing done badly.

The tickets are expensive. The customer service is non-existent. It has a confusing layout. No music plays in the theater before the movie which is unnerving.

The place just feels sterile.

Visited August 2013