“Good News about Deli-News”
Review of Deli News

Deli News
Ranked #293 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Have driven by this place on Preston Road for years. When it appeared on the list of top 100 Dallas restaurants, we decided to give it a try. Why haven't we been here before? Maybe because it's a nondescript place in a retail corner. Anyway, don't judge the place on looks!

The menu is varied, the food is tasty (my companion had the ruben; I had the tuna melt), the service is friendly and efficient, and the prices are reasonable. Breakfasts look divine. We'll be back!

3  Thank TheOwlReviewer

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great sandwich - enough meat for 2! Pastrami on rye with just the right amount of mustard. Anxious to try breakfast soon!

3  Thank BetsyandScott
Reviewed June 28, 2013

As stated by others, my wife and I have finally found a good Jewish/New York-style deli in Dallas. We have lived in Texas, and it took us four years. The menu is straight out of any famous New York deli - extensive, with all the favorites.

We tried the Pastrami Reuben, matzoh ball soup, and the kasha varnishkes. The Rueben was better than average. Although healthier and higher quality, the pastrami was too lean for our tastes. The kasha was great and the soup (a huge bowl with two matzoh balls) was very good.

Our server was friendly, attentive, and prompt - a refreshing change from some of the New York deli's!

They also have a good selection of Jewish pastries, meats, fish, etc. The owner was hands-on and very friendly. We will definitely be back. It will almost certainly be a regular place for us.

2  Thank Mohsman
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My daughter took me to Deli News after hearing my complaints about not finding a REAL deli in Texas so far. It was excellent! I had a corned beef and turkey sandwich on rye, and it was mile high and delicious. The potato salad was good, but plain. The Russian dressing was great. My daughter had a turkey sandwich and onion rings, which she really enjoyed. She had a black and white on shortbread cookie for dessert and loved that (I got a bite).

I am eager to try their lox and bagel on another visit. I have not had real deli food since I went to L.A. many years ago - a famous deli, although I don't recall the name. This is a true gem! It is not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

3  Thank Trinidadlover
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Locals consider it the best deli around.
We were in town and met some friends for breakfast. Our table ordered Eggs, Lox and Onions; an Egg White Veggie Omelet ; Cheese Blintzes and The Manny, which came with eggs (we had them scrambled), 2 slices of meat (we had bacon) and 4 pieces of very large challah French toast.
Everyone enjoyed their food which was delicious and well prepared.
The atmosphere was fair and the tables crowded together - otherwise it would have gotten an excellent.

3  Thank realst8ace

Been to Deli News? Share your experiences!