“Delightful sushi, but please get rid of the sewer smell”
Review of Hypnotic Sushi

Hypnotic Sushi
Ranked #2,159 of 3,600 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Sushi
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
“Delightful sushi, but please get rid of the sewer smell”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

As the title says, the sushi we got was really good. Butterfly kisses, Dragon roll, Chef's roll and another, spicy roll, all tasted fantastic. We also had a teppanyaki dish, which was also good. The staff was friendly and efficient, and the prices were not too bad considering the quality of what was served.

This would be a 5* rating, but unfortunately the restaurant (still) has issues with the sewer, like other reviewers said. When these are fixed, Hypnotic is a good place to get your Austin sushi.

Visited July 2013

Miami, Florida
“Not the fanciest, but sushi is mind blowing!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I live in Miami where you would think they have great sushi but trust me, they don't! This was a wonderful change, everything we ate was delicious, and at a very reasonable price. Get the ahi tower, you won't regret it!

• Visited May 2013
Dalla,s Tx
“great sushi!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Loved the sushi, good service, tried the udon noodles w/ beef, very delicious, the sushi was absolutely delicious and fair priced. Ahi Tower, oak lawn roll fabulous! try it all

• Visited April 2013
Houston, TX
“New favorite sushi”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our new favorite place in Dallas for Sushi!
Sadly, Isshin Sushi in Los Colinas closed down so we were on the prowl for a good sushi bar in Dallas. Once again, Yelp came to the rescue. My wife (gotta pay props) found Hypnotic on Yelp's website. So glad she did!

Tucked away on Oak Lawn avenue, just north of downtown, it doesn't look like much on the outside. Don't let the exterior decive you. Inside is a stylishly modern sushi bar. The service is quick and very corteous. They really know how to treat a customer.

Although the bar selection is somewhat limited (still in process of aquiring their liquor license), they still had the usual quality Japanese beers you would expect in a good sushi bar.

We started with two 'Butterfly kisses', more of a sampler really. They were quite good.

We shared two sushi rolls, the Tornado roll and the Heart Attack roll. The Tornado Roll is pretty good but the Heart Attack roll was phenomenal. Absolutely melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

We finished off with two pieces if Unagi (baked fresh water eel) and a light stawberry dessert. Both were excellent.

Great job Hypnotic!

• Visited March 2013
Carrollton, Texas
“Great find”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of my coworkers took me here for lunch on a Friday and given the part of town this place is located in, I was thinking its going to be crowded but I think there were more people preparing the food/serving than number of people eating here. Our sushi chef gave us a sampler of some delicious sushi as we sat down at the bar. We took the 3 rolls for 15 dollars and all 3 were very nice, good fresh ingredients and very well prepared. I liked the food so much I took my wife there on Saturday and we took some more fancier rolls which were again really good, everything tasted so fresh. I have tried a bunch of sushi places in Dallas and this is amongst my Top 3. Parking could be a bit of an issue but they do offer valet parking and I would recommend using that. I sincerely hope they start getting busier and dont' shutdown since it would be a shame.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Hypnotic Sushi? Share your experiences!