“Muy Bueno”
Review of Meso Maya

Meso Maya
Reserve with OpenTable
Meso Maya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,084 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Had a business friend in from Mississippi who wanted Mexican food for dinner. Had read some very good reviews on this restaurant, and since he was staying downtown, I suggested we should give it a try. Situated right next to an old well known Mexican restaurant, I thought this may not have been the better choice-was I wrong. The other place serves good food, but it has nothing new, ambience or food, and the flavors are somewhat bland there. Meso Maya was anything but.....
I will start off with my one complaint-the type (font) size on the menu describing the food is way too small. Couple that with dim lighting and the menu is a lot of guess work.
On the plus side, great valet parking (complimentary, but we tipped generously) and we were able to be seated right away with no reservations. The place is loud and lively, but not overly so. Service is quick and the food is very, very good.
We both enjoyed the Budin Azteca Carne dish. When it came to our table, I questioned if there was enough carne(beef) in the big dish. There was. This dish is a Mexican lasagna with a red sauce and poblano. It was not overly spicy and it filled us both up. The chips and salsa are also great- I usually pass on the salsa as it's usually too hot or too soupy. This was some of the best I've eaten-anywhere!
Very glad we didn't opt for another Mexican restaurant. With the two meals and two bottles of beer the entire bill, including tip, was $50.
I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the downtown area. And take advantage of the valet parking-a real plus on a busy night.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

No texmex taco Bell here. This is the real deal. Guacamole A+. Brisket tacos A+. Service A++!

I highly recommend this restaurant. It has a nice vibe. Quick service too.

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

After a long drive from Little Rock myself and my husband really fancied some Mexican fare, I found Meso Maya and it looked good, it was a sat night and we were advised to book so my husband called the property and was informed they were fully booked but to come down as a walk in and we could be accommodated. We walked in and it was really busy but were seated almost immediately ( larger parties looked to have to wait a little longer) our waiter was attentive, personable and very helpful with the menu, he advised about some dishes he would recommend so we decided to go with that...... the food was off the scale good!!! Tasty, well executed and fresh product( I would actually recommend this place for the frozen margarita alone) but the food is a must, if you are in Dallas downtown you MUST try this place it’s awesome!!

1  Thank samyeadon
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Due to my work, I frequently dine in Mexican restaurants (though I rarely review them). Meso Maya's food was delicious, served in generous portions, with creative and appealing presentation. My (large) party all enjoyed their chicken and beer entrees, while I had salmon. Having salmon at a Mexican restaurant isn't something one would normally select, but it was tender, delicious, and healthy!

I'm not really an artsy person, but I absolutely loved the modern art on display. I should have inquired, as I would be seriously interested in purchasing one of the pieces (pic attached). High recommend Meso Maya.

1  Thank Weidspeed
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

The service is super fast. The food is super tasty. And the ambience is vibrant. Great for lunch time or a quick dinner.