“Excellent food quality with a creative touch in food & art”
Review of Meso Maya

Meso Maya
Reserve with OpenTable
Meso Maya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 4,083 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Due to my work, I frequently dine in Mexican restaurants (though I rarely review them). Meso Maya's food was delicious, served in generous portions, with creative and appealing presentation. My (large) party all enjoyed their chicken and beer entrees, while I had salmon. Having salmon at a Mexican restaurant isn't something one would normally select, but it was tender, delicious, and healthy!

I'm not really an artsy person, but I absolutely loved the modern art on display. I should have inquired, as I would be seriously interested in purchasing one of the pieces (pic attached). High recommend Meso Maya.

1  Thank Weidspeed
Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

The service is super fast. The food is super tasty. And the ambience is vibrant. Great for lunch time or a quick dinner.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

First...I hail from Georgia, so always looking for genuine Mex / Tex-Mex when in Dallas. Meso Maya delivered! Read some of the reviews....while the place is not cheap, it is not over the top price wise. Quality / Authenticity set this place apart. Go elsewhere if you want cheap beer and free chips and salsa. Loved the choices....fresh guac and real salsa. Meat choices and preparations were fantastic..I enjoyed the brisket but tried others as well. All delivered. If anything, it would be nice for this locals' favorite to add some local TX breweries with some IPA selections (just a personal request!). Don't worry, my Pacifica was fantastic! Worth the stop....and use the "New Orleans restaurants Rule of Thumb" - if there's a wait, there's a reason why!

1  Thank Hector Tico C
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Want a neat place to eat! Children’s menu helpful. Kids loved it. Tasty food. While not the quietest spot it is convenient to the Perot Museum around the corner. Great place to take the kids while touring the museum.

1  Thank Justatravel
Reviewed August 31, 2018

A Dallas local knows my love for original Mexican food. He brought me to MesoMaya. What a treat. The service was spectacular, even as they were quite busy. Our server was Israel, and what a treat. I am on the Keto diet and he created a custom order for me.

It was amazing. My associate also loved his meal. We highly recommend MesoMaya!

1  Thank John O