“Carnivore heaven”
Review of Rafain

Rafain
Reserve with OpenTable
Rafain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Frankford Rd
Description: Rafain - The First Prime Brazilian Steakhouse. Please visit www.rafain.com and find out more about this Indulgence of the Senses.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is a churrascaria and of the three that I've sampled in Dallas, arguably the best. The wait staff are excellent, the restaurant itself is quiet and casual but elegant and the food is great.

I have not been to Rafain at dinner but the lunch is well worth the fasting I have to do to afford all the calories. Ladies, if you are dieting, don't bother. Guys, if you are meat and potatoes fans, this is a whole 'nother level of meat and potatoes.

The desserts are fabulous and there is a taste of the authentic in their salad bar as well. Can't find a single negative with Rafain and if you want to celebrate in style, this is a good place.

1  Thank itkah

Reviewed February 22, 2014

First, reservation. I made a reservation for 6pm. I and my family came in around 5:45pm. Front desk said about 5 min. I and my family sat down around the table 6:30pm. Front desk has said that they were looking for 4 people table. we ended up sitting the table for 6 at 6:30 after waiting 45 min, even though I made a reservation
Second, service. As soon as we sat down, a couple of servers came to and explain the green/red ticket and so forth in very hurry. We were almost pushed down to salad bar and picked few of items from there and sat down again. As soon as we came back from salad bar, those meat servers came to and asking asking to provide meats regardless of the color of ticket. we all have experienced that even though the ticket is red, servers came to and either provide meats without asking or asking to provide. I told one of the server that can you see my red.... Additionally, their English is very poor or none. no communication possible with them.
Third, food quality. Salad bar is minimal and meat quality is poor. All the meats are too much seasoned, which means meat quality is not good typically. They said they had 16 kinds of meats..... we were only offered 8. It is difficult to get well done cook of meats. Filet mignon is harder than bacon.
Forth, management. After the rush of dinner with very unpleasant experiences, I just wanted to pay and get out of the place with my bonus coffee, which should be offered with the coupon that I brought. I paid with coupon, but coffees were not offered. I tried to ask the manager, but didn't, since he were so busy and I and my family were already down.
You can find way better service and quality of food from other Brazilian steak houses in town, like Fogo de Chao, Texas de Brazil. Don't even think about Rafain for your options for Brazilian steak house, if you don't want to waste your money and ruin your family lunch or dinner.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

If you are a churrascaria fan then this is well worth your while. Excellent selection of meats, great salad bar that includes desserts. Very good service and excellent wine list. This place is just as good as their competition but it's actually a little less pricey. I'll be back for sure.

2  Thank Ivan F
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service and the food is really good! 100% recommended to enjoy family dinner or friends reunion. Drinks are really good too, caipirinha passion fruit is my favorite !

1  Thank Tatis1121
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am now a regular visitor to this place. There are lots of kinds of meat, and all of them are great. Their salad bar isn't the greatest I have ever tasted, but is fine enough. The treats before meal is surprisingly delicious. (I don't remember the exact name of it) Remember to try the lamb rib!

Been to Rafain? Share your experiences!