“Great eats for a layover”

Pappasito's Cantina
Ranked #175 of 3,978 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We polled airport staff for the best Mexican food at the Dallas-Fort Worth airpot and this place won hands down. Totally worth it...the fish tacos were fresh and perfect....even at 10am!!

So if you are looking for good quality, great portions, super service with a quick turnaround on your next trip through Dallas, head to A29!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Short layover in DFW, so was worried about getting food in time to eat... Had that and time to spare! Was told on the way in to sit at a counter/bar for 30 minute service and they were right. The service was very pleasant and quick. The beef fajitas were awesome and the two margaritas (takes two wings to fly, Mom always said) really hit the spot. I hate DFW airport, but may not be so willing to avoid now that I know Pappasitos is there!

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I had an hour layover and the place smelled incredible! They got us in in about 10 minutes, which surprised me because it was packed! I decided to honor their 30 birthday with their margarita, and ended up wearing the first one :) The manager (who happened to be the one serving my drink) accidentally tossed my drink all over us!! She was very sweet about the whole situation, took care of our entire bill, offered us dry cleaning, and even gave us souvenir glasses :) She really helped me feel better about the margarita shower :) The chicken & spinach quesadillas are delightful! The margaritas were wonderful! And the staff and service outstanding!

1  Thank tippieperkins
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just do it! Amazing food, exceptional taste, generous portions - priced right. An appetizer and entre for two is plenty! Just do it! It's a pretty lively place - not quiet or peaceful, but just delicious.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Only had 30 mins to grab lunch during a layover. Or waitress did an awesome job getting our order to us quickly. The portions were huge, so we split an order of Matador Nachos. It was typical, yet yummy Tex-Mex, with a salsa that had a bit of a kick to it--which I like. $13 is a bit much for Nachos & 2 waters, but airport fare is usually more expensive.