“They blinded me with science”

Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Ranked #4 of 245 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspiring minds through nature and science.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Very nice museum with many interactive displays. Luckily, they have hand sanitizing stations on every floor.

The simulated earthquake was fascinating. The temporary exhibit Animals Inside and Out was very interesting. They did a great job on all the displays and offer something for everyone.

All the employees are helpful and pleasant. The cafe is mediocre.

The only downside is all the schoolchildren running around. Someone else wrote that they don't have school groups on Mondays, if that's the case it would be worth scheduling your visit for a Monday.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We went with two of our grown sons and our three- and five-year-old grandchildren. The portion we visited was very kid friendly with lots of hands-on exhibits. My favorite part was watching my grandchild race against a cheetah. The entrance fee allows access to all the exhibits and you can spend all day there going from exhibit to exhibit until the kids melt down. Even before you enter the building, there is an inter-active music exhibit which was also very interesting to all.

Well worth and second (and third) visit.

I don't know what the entrance fee was as I looked at dinosaur bones with the grandkids while my husband paid the entrance fee.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

One of the fascinating places to visit with children (age 8-15). There are different museums like Inside and Outside, which beautifully shows animals from inside. its awesome. Other is science museum, which is very informative for children. And they have fossils for extinct species like dinosaurs. it was so big that i was not able to click complete fossil in one shot.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The Perot museum staff has made improvements. They have started limiting amount of school tours and made a change to not allow schools to tour on Mondays. My suggestion for adults without kids is to begin your visit with a movie, then lunch, then the exhibits. Otherwise the exhibit halls are busy with children in the mornings.
Don't miss the musical stairs in basement. When you step on them, they make musical notes!
Don't miss performing a hands on science experiment on 2nd floor in the Bio Lab area. It takes 15-20 minutes, but is well worth it to put on the gloves, goggles, and lab coat.
And FYI- you can take food and drinks into the movie. Also, you can have free refills on your drink until 4pm. You just can't carry them around the exhibits, so they would have to fit in a bag.
I ate at El Fenix across the street for lunch. But enjoyed a cupcake at the museum cafe. Quite moist and flavorful.
Enjoy. There is plenty to see!

2  Thank luvplayacar
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were blown away by the special animal exhibit that show cased the actual anatomy of animals. Very detailed and so educational. Just so amazing! Because we spent so much time on the animal exhibit, we were tired by the time we started on the actual museum. I thought it was very interactive and great for even little kids. I liked how you take the escalator all the up the museum first so you are experiencing it on the way down. This way, you don't miss anything. The architecture of the building is so interesting. Overall, a fantastic science museum!

Been to Perot Museum of Nature and Science? Share your experiences!