“Could have been so much better!”

Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Book In Advance
More Info
$49.00*
and up
Dallas CityPASS
Ranked #13 of 210 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspiring minds through nature and science.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Gemstone exhibit is the best exhibit. The dinasaur/fossil exhibit has great "bones" but the information about the fossils is lacking. There is little information on when/where/how they were found and there is a total lack of information on archeology - just some very dull videos by archeologists: mostly about themselves! Why not a timelapsed video on a discovery and the process of excavation?
Most of the museum is like a 1950's museum with 2000 technology! BORING!
I planned for an all day excursion, but only stayed 2 hours with my niece (including lunch )
The cafe flow was very poorly planned and the quality and choices were very disappointing and poor quality (not fresh) choices for a Wolfgang Puck cafe - which does very well at airports with many more customers!
The programmable robots were broken! Even the bathroom door lock was already broken. The signage on entry is so bad that they have several people there just to point you where to go to get into the exhibits! The people flow organization for getting tickets and entry is like a temporary exhibit not a supposedly world-class museum!
I am very disappointed - this could have been so much more exciting!

1  Thank G V
Write a ReviewReviews (3,240)
All reviews
in 40 reviews
"across the street"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I took my 18 and 12 year old to this museum on a Saturday - museum was packed and because we were getting tickets using a recipricol membership from another ASTC museum, we had to wait 2.5 hours to enter (so went to Dallas Musuem of Art). The musuem is nice, friendly staff, good collection of exhibits, but most of them were geared to a younger audience in my opinion. Nothing really bad about it... just wasnt right for us.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved learning about the dinosaurs from Dallas. The BioLab and Music sections are educationals. Loved to feel an intense earthquake. Try to out run a dinosuar! walk down the musical stairs and dance in front of the light up wall.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I will say my favorite time to visit is during the week when school is in session, as long as there is not a field trip.....

The museum is incredible. It can get full and that can make it hard to navigate and enjoy all there is to do, but you can still discover new exhibits.

Every visit we must race the T-Rex to see if we have made any progress. It is downstairs and very funny. Give it a try.

My kids love the robotic area. Plenty to discover and hands on science experiments. Very interesting and I have discovered new items each time I have gone.

I enjoy the museum as much as my kids do and everyone we have taken has had a wonderful time. It is definitely worth a visit in Dallas.