“Great gem for the children in Dallas”

Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Ranked #4 of 245 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspiring minds through nature and science.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our two boys (age 4 and 7) loved this museum. There were several hands on exhibits with the sports zone and weather areas being our favorites. The staff and volunteers were very pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The Perot Science and Nature museum is a very large (6 levels) museum in downtown Dallas. We really enjoyed the dinosaur exhibits. One of the highlights of the museum was getting on the earthquake simulator which simulated a mild, moderate and major earthquake. The major one was at the 9.4 on the Richter scale. It was hard to stay standing and I felt a little disoriented after getting off it. One of that magnitude hit Chile and the picture of Chile afterwards showed almost total devastation.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Tailored for school age kids but lots to see and very well done. I would recommend going during the week if possible as the weekend crowd was significant. Loved the mineral displays.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Perot Museum is awesome! I am an ok museum goer in general. If I am in a city and they have a famous museum then I will go and check it out. Overall I am usually impressed with the architecture and/or maybe the age of the exhibit. Or maybe something I recognize about the exhibit or learned about in school. And maybe to some limited extent all of those things. But the Perot Museum really blows them all out of the water.

The dinosaur skeletons they have for me would be enough to go. I have seen "Sue" in Chicago and I would say that the Field Museum there is the only one I have been to that is comparable. I may like the exterior look of the Field Museum better, but since the Perot is newly built is is ridiculously interactive.

Gone are the days of spending all day in a museum just reading placks and never touching anything. They did an awesome job planning this place and you could take kids there over and over and they would keep wanting to come back. Imagine a museum that kids want to go to...impressive.

1  Thank TripFan045
Reviewed April 18, 2013

First, Trip Advisor mislead by putting 2 locations of Perot Museum in one item. Perot Museum in North Field Street Dallas just opened in December 2012, so why there are so many reviews in 2010? It turned out they were for the older museum in the Fair Park, that is recently merged under one management, but still they are 2 different locations and completely different!

So my review is for the brand new Perot Museum in N. Field Street. I visited in December 2012, about one week after they opened because I was interested in their newspaper ads. Well. it was much more than I expected!! This is interactive heaven, not only sight seeing. you actually DO something. Kids will enjoy it and I am not a kid or with kids. The architecture and interior design alone is worth visiting. But wait, there's more!! As an adult I enjoyed doing or watching people stepping on the melody stairs, counting my calories games, kids racing with cheetah, trying simulation game to know how it feels to be a flying bird. The geological/germ section was amazing too. Too bad we were already out of time when we arrived at 2nd floor /exploring human life. The Bio Lab which seemed interesting with the big screen microscopes, were already closed and we didn't even have a chance to enjoy all the 2nd floor attractions which seemed A LOT of things to do. So my recommendation is expect to spend 3 hours in this museum, and if you don't want to wait in line with a bunch of school groups, choose afternoon time.

1  Thank marthiany

Been to Perot Museum of Nature and Science? Share your experiences!