“Tremendous fun for all ages”

Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Dallas CityPASS
Ranked #9 of 252 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspiring minds through nature and science.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The new Perot Museum of Nature and Science opened recently and it is amazing fun for all ages. Filled with high tech, interactive exhibits on every floor, the museum is state of the art on design inside and out. The theater was showing two amazing 3D shows and we enjoyed Meerkats. This is definitely a highlight of a visit to Dallas.

3  Thank plan0mmm
Write a ReviewReviews (3,002)
All reviews
in 35 reviews
"across the street"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I visited yesterday and were taken by suprise...this place is absolutely amazing. We spent 4 hours there and did not see everything.

The building speeks for itself - ultra-modern and has 4+M floors. To start the tour, take the elevator to the 4th floor mezzanine and start there with birds. Walk down to the fourth floor and be visually overwhelmed at the skeletons and all of the fossils - if you have kids, plan on spending a lot of time here.

Next go down to the third floor for geology - the gem section alone is worth the price of admission. Again, plan to spend some time here - there is so much to absorb,

The second floor is the tech floor and unfortuneatly - I can say anything about it.. we made it to the floor but never got to go it because we spent so much time on the the other floors....Oh well, I guess I will be forced to go again - hmmmm

We also saw one of the movies in 3d at the theater. Great stuff.

A word of advice - you may want to purchase your tickets and parking on-line. You save a little on parking - but more importantly, it appears they limit the number of tickets - making a walk-up risky - especially on weekends.

Great visit and will certainly return - 5 stars is not enough.

4  Thank Jimmie_Ray
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We were fortunate enough to visit the Perot Museum on the second weekend that it was open. We consisted of a group ranging from 2 to 62 years-old and every one of us had a blast. This ultra-modern and high-tech attraction is astounding.
I got to race a T-Rex with my granddaughter and we all learned about science in totally unique environments and exhibits. The architecture is a wonder in itself and lends to the placement of the exhibits. There is even a one-of-a-kind full skeleton of an 85-foot long alamosaurus which the visitor can enjoy from every angle and altitude.
I could write pages about what to see and do here...definitely plan an entire day to enjoy and experience all the wonders in this 4 story cube-shaped complex. I have been to Dallas numerous times, and this is the one must-see that I would recommend to everyone.

3  Thank Robin B
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Perot Museum of Nature and Science is spectacular! The museum staff were all very helpful and scientifically literate. The building is an exhibit all on its own! The transparent elevators are a trip! There are 11 permanent exhibit halls to explore and trust me, you won't be able to absorb all of it in one visit. I have several days off next week and I am going to make sure I devote one of those days to a second visit. The Life Then and Now Hall and Expanding Universe Hall occupied the majority of my time and I still didn't explore every detail within them. The Being Human Hall was crowded with school groups but the portion I was able to see was incredible! It features actual cross-section slices of the human body from people who have donated their bodies to science. I spent a few minutes in the Dynamic Earth Hall and had a lot of fun on the earthquake simulator. Lunch in the cafe was delicious. Afterward, I went into the theater and watched "Sea Monsters" in 3-D. It was well worth the extra $5. I can't wait to see what other science films they will show in future. As for the Sports, Engineering and Innovation, Energy, Gems and Minerals, and Birds halls, I will have to see those when I go back. I will definitely purchase a membership!

1  Thank Kevin M