“A must-see for anyone who appreciates science!”

Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Book In Advance
More Info
$48.00*
and up
Dallas CityPASS
Ranked #5 of 229 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Owner description: Inspiring minds through nature and science.
Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A must-see for anyone who appreciates science!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Perot Museum of Nature and Science is spectacular! The museum staff were all very helpful and scientifically literate. The building is an exhibit all on its own! The transparent elevators are a trip! There are 11 permanent exhibit halls to explore and trust me, you won't be able to absorb all of it in one visit. I have several days off next week and I am going to make sure I devote one of those days to a second visit. The Life Then and Now Hall and Expanding Universe Hall occupied the majority of my time and I still didn't explore every detail within them. The Being Human Hall was crowded with school groups but the portion I was able to see was incredible! It features actual cross-section slices of the human body from people who have donated their bodies to science. I spent a few minutes in the Dynamic Earth Hall and had a lot of fun on the earthquake simulator. Lunch in the cafe was delicious. Afterward, I went into the theater and watched "Sea Monsters" in 3-D. It was well worth the extra $5. I can't wait to see what other science films they will show in future. As for the Sports, Engineering and Innovation, Energy, Gems and Minerals, and Birds halls, I will have to see those when I go back. I will definitely purchase a membership!

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Katy, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun for Kids to Learn and Enjoy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Imax theater was really great something both me and m kids enjoyed. This place is fun for kids to learn science and even get them interested in it as well. I thought some of the kid attractions could have been alot more cleaner ,but overall was good. The Space atraction was really good and was my sons favorite.

Visited December 2012
chicago
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“We enjoyed it...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were visiting family and our 5 year old wanted to go to a museum. We chose this one because of the interactive exhibits. He loved it. There was a bed of nails he laid on, he created a hurricane, flew a paper airplane, made crafts. It was pretty cool. There was also a small childrens play area similar to the Childrens Museum we've gone to in our hometown. There were animals for the kids to look at. Dino bones that were found very close by which was pretty cool. The 4D movie was entertaining. be prepared to get wet. We sat in the first row and were not expecting it. The cattle exhibit was informative. My little guy loved seeing the "real cowboy" exhibit.. It was on the pricier side but fortunately my musuem membership from the Field Museum in Chicago covered our basic entry. I wasn't actually aware of that so i'm glad they asked. The special exhibits like the Titanic exhibit Polar express on Omnimax would have been extra but we decided not to do them. Maybe next time.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank newtoy
Dallas, TX
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Getting better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This science center has made huge improvements over the past decade. In the past the dated exhibits have been often "out of order". The have added new features so if you have not been there in two years, it is worth another look. The IMAX is awesome, but of course, pricey.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank JSharpFamily
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Shark special exhibit and IMAX were great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The best parts of this Museum were the special exhibit on sharks and the IMAX. My nephew is a huge dinosaur fan, and their offerings were a little disappointing compared to other museums he's visited, but we definitely enjoyed the sharks and the movie.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Downtownljb

Been to Perot Museum of Nature and Science? Share your experiences!