Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $69.00
from $17.29
from $16.00
More Info
All reviews beautiful venue book of mormon shen yun cheap seats excellent seats parking garage arts district front row music hall sound quality performance acoustics stage nutcracker intermission mezzanine rows
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We saw "Book of Mormon" on August 31. Our seats in the orchestra terrace provided a fabulous view. The seats are comfortable, and the sight lines are quite good. An all around good experience!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've attended 3 different performances at The Winspear and while I'll agree this venue is far superior to Fair Park Music Hall in terms of beauty, location, sound, and overall seating, for short people there are serious shortcomings affecting half the seats for any tier that is above orchestra level due to the severe horseshoe design of this theater.

I did have an orchestra seat for one performance (no complaints) however on higher tiers, regardless of price and level, beware of any seats that begin with double letters. The double letter seats themselves are situated at an odd angle so that if you actually sat correctly in your seat, your line of vision will lose a good quarter of the stage. The Winspear has an interactive seating chart with a "view" from the seat I just had for Book of Mormon: Mezzanine AA7. All I can say is that the photographer must have dangled over the balcony to get that good of a shot. I had to sit an an awkward angle -twisting half off my seat and leaning forward - to get a better view of the stage.

This problem also affects single letter rows until about seat 8 on either side. On those seats, it's also hard to see above the partition if you're short and The Winspear is aware these seats have an obstructed view. This is very frustrating, especially when one has spent over $100.00 per ticket for the location. (As a comparison, there isn't this same problem with side seating at the Meyerson).

Although I prefer orchestra or mezzanine seats, I'll probably default to a higher tier if it means getting a seat that is situated closer to the center.

Parking tip: For easy, cheap parking use the lot that's on Ross one block east of the AT&T arts center. You can be in your car and on the road within ten minutes and beats having to spend 30 minutes getting out of the underground parking.

11  Thank sagacioustraveler
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was delighted by the performance of "The Book of Mormom's" I had seen it in New York but felt this cast had lots more energy. He was terrific. Also the Winspear is very nice. My friends and I have bought another season of tickets and look forward to more wonderful programs.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Fabulous, innovative, really a nice venue, great seating, nice programs and performances, good food / drink selection and in the heart of downtown Dallas, a good choice.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Everything about the Winspear is fantastic. I have been there for several events ranging from concerts to the Blue Man Group to a talk by Deepak Chopra, and it has always been a great experience. I don't think that there is a bad seat in the house. The acoustics are great, and I love the retractable chandelier. It is the kind of place where, no matter where you sit, you feel very close to the stage. It is not what I would describe as small, but it feels intimate. Don't pass up and opportunity to attend an event at this venue!