“Pork Chops with Figs...Whouda Thunk!”
Review of Ellen's

Ellen's
Ranked #19 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional southern-style American restaurant serving brunch classics all day every day. Full bar and coffee service available.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I realize I'm repeating myself, but the food defies true definition at Ellen's! I tried the Pork Chops with Figs, Smoked Mac-n-Cheese and Asparagus, and on the side, some Fried Okra. Absolutely heaven on Earth!!! The sweet figs offset the pork chops for a light, yet sweet flare that made it difficult to stop eating! If you've not tried this place yet, you have to try it!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This restaurant has become a second home to me! It's fragrant food, tasty treats, and incredible creations keep me coming back for more! The breakfast never gets old, and their Braised Greens or Asparagus continue to whet my appetite with tastes not found in Dallas in a very long time! And the Buttermilk Pie is to die for!!! Truly only tasty treats here!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I've been several times to Ellen's now, as I live in the Dallas West End. After eating half-baked food from several of the restaurants in the West End area, I can honestly tell you Ellen's is a breath of fresh air! The food is always fresh (as it should be, since the ingredients are mostly from local fresh markets) and different. The greens, for instance, are not just fresh greens, but rather a unique mixture of fresh greens with ham, bacon and Swiss chard. Creativity abides in this restaurant, and you have got to try it!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went to Ellen's last night with out of town guests and it was a homerun. Food was fantastic. They serve breakfast all day or a variety of southern cooking favorites like meatloaf, country fried chicken, pork chops, etc. Sides are the best part. From braised greens to fried okra, they were all so good. Cozy atmosphere. We will go again

1  Thank mktgoddess
Reviewed December 8, 2012

First off I am local who resides in downtown Dallas. I have lived here for 5.5 years and am really excited to have such a great new restaurant close to my home. I had no relationship and had never met anyone in the restaurant before my visit today.

My girlfriend and I went on Saturday night and were very impressed. The decor is small, intimate and well decorated. The server Greg was extremely knowledgable and very personable. He made us feel at home and really made a great effort.

The food was excellent for the money. You get good portions and quality food. I tried the Portobello Mushroom and my girlfriend had the meatloaf sandwich. All of the food was made to order and the buttermilk pie we had was great. The entire bill with salad, dessert and meal for both was 42 dollars including tip.

As a resident of downtown, we have very few options for things being open late. I highly recommend this to anyone either local or visiting who wants a good local option for food.

2  Thank Alex G