All reviews rooftop bar soda bar loft style nylo south side exposed brick industrial feel industrial style infinity pool cool hotel boutique hotel fire pit bachelorette party comfy bed convention center shuttle service downtown area hotel bar
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. The room was quite spacious almost like an entire apartment. The mix of bare concrete and pipes give Canvas an edgy feel. My favourite bit of our stay was Larry! Super nice and so warm. He really adds a touch of magic to the hotel. Food was also very tasty.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
KoltMunoz8858, Rooms Division Manager at Canvas Hotel Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2019

Greetings foodieslim,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Canvas Hotel Dallas! We are very happy to see that you enjoyed the quality of our rooms, and your interactions with Larry, I will be sure to share your kind words with the team! We thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Canvas Hotel Dallas very soon.

Yours in Hospitality,

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed March 2, 2019

I just happened upon this hotel, and what a pleasant surprise! It's an old warehouse, redone with up-to-date amenities and really comfortable beds. Upon check-in, it was the grand opening party and Jared, the general manager, stepped away from the (really big and fun) party to insist on carrying my bags up to my room. That attitude explains why the rest of the staff were quick to please and went above and beyond. It's a beautiful hotel that will impress, especially at that reasonable rate.

Room tip: Get a corner room since the sound travels easily via the concrete floors and walls.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Greetings 1980sdude,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback of your stay! We are very happy to see that you were able to join us at our Grand Re-Opening and hope you had just as much fun as we did! Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and our General Manager, Jared. We hope to welcome you back to Canvas Hotel Dallas very soon!

Yours in Hospitality,

Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

Cool place but the hidden fees without any type of forewarning left a bad tast taste. There was no information on the site about a facility fee and the employees never mentioned it, which would have helped us to use the actual accommodations we were charged for.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KoltMunoz8858, Rooms Manager at Canvas Hotel Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2019

Greetings Kpd00,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Canvas Hotel Dallas. I regret to see that you were not informed of the many wonderful options that are covered by the facility fee on your reservation. Thank you for sharing your experience, as your feedback will help us deliver pertinent information to our guests. I am happy to see that you otherwise enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Canvas Hotel Dallas very soon!

Rooms Manager
Canvas Hotel Dallas

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

The staff and accommodations were beyond my expectations! Loved the unique,swanky yet homey vibe of the hotel & rooms. Beautiful city views from the rooftop bar. We enjoyed the custom crafted cocktails by the talented & friendly bar staff. The service all around was impeccable! Wish we could have stayed longer! We will be back for sure!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TomPuangpee, Front Office Manager at Canvas Hotel Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Hi Llewellyns0705,

Thank you so much for such wonderful comments! We are always excited to hear when our guests have a positive experience and take the time to share it. We are glad you enjoyed the design of the hotel, the Gallery Lounge including the views from the pool and service provided by the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Tom Puangpee
Front Office Manager
NYLO Dallas South Side

Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

I really like this hotel, it could be amazing
....but I found it equally frustrating. It’s like the new kid on the block, it looks great, cool, trendy, trying hard but not quite hitting the mark. But it’s good value for money to be fair . So, why... rooms is great, but does have a wiff of bare plaster which is in the ‘design’ but I didn’t like it sorry... Light bright and funky however, I enjoyed being in there which is rare in any hotel room I’ve been in! The bar upstairs is awesome, the staff were nice, friendly and welcoming. Definitely the star attraction here. Restaurant is ok, slow, very quiet, and a very, very limited hmmm that is more ‘cool’ than tasty. Same applies for breakfast which starts at 7am (TOO LATE!!) . Stop trying so hard, and make it easier for you and your guests please :) I’m now waiting for my evening meal from the limited menu (my first choice wasn’t available!) and it’s taken 40 minutes so far without a sign of anything. I had to walk to the base to get a refill of my wine too. I’m getting annoyed...!

Trip type: Traveled on business
TomPuangpee, Front Office Manager at Canvas Hotel Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

Hello Meohmy68,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with the Gallery Lounge. I apologize about your experience at Chef's Palette and design of the hotel because this is far from the impression we hoped to leave you with! I do appreciate you pointing to some areas for improvement. Again, I am sorry and thankful for your feedback. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Tom Puangpee